Main Menu

Gear of Choice

Started by Silent Panther, March 26, 2012, 12:55:51 PM

Spaceman3750

Quote from: ol'fido on April 28, 2012, 03:06:16 AM
Quote from: Spaceman3750 on April 28, 2012, 02:35:03 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 28, 2012, 02:31:38 AM
And more bathroom breaks mean more use of the canteen...

Tell me you at least mark it with red tape or something... :angel:

Besides, why use a canteen when there's plenty of trees to go around?
Maybe he is saving it for medicinal uses such as jellyfish stings. I have actually heard anecdotal accounts of it being used for such. :o or he's somehow related to Howard Hughes >:D;D

If I got stung by a jellyfish urine wouldn't be in short supply...

manfredvonrichthofen

I would probably leak myself if I got stung by a jellyfish too...
Nope no relation to Hughes.

Yeah I mark one with a d for dip and one with p for... You know... You don't want the p canteen up to your lip when your trying to spit. But I never drink from canteens I usually have a spare bladder for my camelback.

ThatOneGuy

Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 28, 2012, 01:29:27 AM
To me canteens are a portable bathroom... I know I know... Camel backs can break... That is why I keep a couple bottles of water in my pack. I have a canteen, but it is for a bathroom on the ... Go.

I never would have thought of that one, but doesn't sound like too bad idea, when the situation is real dire and there aren't any woods around...

manfredvonrichthofen

Quote from: superLt1995 on April 28, 2012, 06:50:00 AM
Quote from: manfredvonrichthofen on April 28, 2012, 01:29:27 AM
To me canteens are a portable bathroom... I know I know... Camel backs can break... That is why I keep a couple bottles of water in my pack. I have a canteen, but it is for a bathroom on the ... Go.

I never would have thought of that one, but doesn't sound like too bad idea, when the situation is real dire and there aren't any woods around...
Or there ARE cadets around

SPD6696

Maybe I'm just backwards, but, I think filling a canteen from a water bottle and using the canteen for the intneded purpose, and using the disposable water bottle as a liquid waste receptacle would be less risky.  YMMV... :o
"You are
  What you do
  When it counts." - Steakley, "Armor"

"If you can't do something smart, do something right."

ol'fido

"That DIET GREEN TEA sure tasted funny."

"That wasn't tea. That was my bathroom bottle."

"I wondered why the taste had improved." ::)
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

Shawn W.

QuoteTo me canteens are a portable bathroom... I know I know... Camel backs can break... That is why I keep a couple bottles of water in my pack. I have a canteen, but it is for a bathroom on the ... Go.

I suddenly had a vision of the movie dumb and dumber run through my head.. lol

Well.. whatever works I guess..  :-D