Main Menu

NBB

Started by shlebz, March 14, 2012, 06:13:11 PM

shlebz

Does anyone know if parents are allowed to go to the NBB "graduation"?
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Rogovin

Last year it was unannounced... and its kinda at a busy time.  I'd guess that they can come if they can make it.  But i'd ask the activity director.

-Rogovin

shlebz

Rogovin, are you going again this year?
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

Rogovin

Should be. No guarantee until i actually get the slot, though.

-Rogovin

Noble Six

DO NOT contact the activity director or the assistant activity director, any and all questions a cadet has should be directed to their TAC officer.
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

Rogovin

Provided that person actually knows which TAC officer they have and how to contact them.  On second thought, NobleSix is right.  You might want to wait until you get in contact with your TAC officer to figure that out.

-Rogovin

NCRblues

Quote from: shlebz on March 14, 2012, 06:13:11 PM

Unfortunately no. The "graduation" is at different times for many of the flights because of the sheer amount of work NBB does. Once the air show becomes active at least 3 flights will work till 2000 on flight line and ES. With lights out at 2130 for cadets that does not leave much time for a really nice "graduation".

BUT, parents are invited and encouraged to attend the banquet and awards afternoon on the last Sunday of the air show. This is where honor flight and all the other standard CAP activity awards are given out. It is a really good time.

Nobel six is correct, if you are slotted as a primary cadet, you should get notification on who your TAC officer will be in about a month. All questions should be sent to the TAC officer, or the chief TAC. There is also a 2012 NBB group on FB that you can join that the asst. activity director and chief TAC are a part of and will answer questions on.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

shlebz

Quote from: NCRblues on March 14, 2012, 07:22:35 PM
Quote from: shlebz on March 14, 2012, 06:13:11 PM

Unfortunately no. The "graduation" is at different times for many of the flights because of the sheer amount of work NBB does. Once the air show becomes active at least 3 flights will work till 2000 on flight line and ES. With lights out at 2130 for cadets that does not leave much time for a really nice "graduation".

BUT, parents are invited and encouraged to attend the banquet and awards afternoon on the last Sunday of the air show. This is where honor flight and all the other standard CAP activity awards are given out. It is a really good time.

Nobel six is correct, if you are slotted as a primary cadet, you should get notification on who your TAC officer will be in about a month. All questions should be sent to the TAC officer, or the chief TAC. There is also a 2012 NBB group on FB that you can join that the asst. activity director and chief TAC are a part of and will answer questions on.

That is what i was asking,haha. Thank you.
C/1stLt Shelby Heberling
Mitchell #59813

JROB

If I remember correctly there were no parents at the banquet. It was really a time to spend with your beret family and enjoy each others company after working hard for two weeks.
Maj. Jason Robinson
Squadron Commander, Desoto Composite Squadron
SER-MS-096

"If you are in trouble anywhere in the world, an airplane can fly over and drop flowers, but a helicopter can land and save your life"-Igor Sikorsky