CAP Flag Streamer Sources

Started by SKI304, March 07, 2012, 03:49:24 PM

SKI304

I'm trying to locate a company who can make streamers for CAP flags (i.e. Squadron of Merit, Squadron of Distinction, Unit Citation, etc.).  My unit has been waiting since 2005 to receive our Squadron of Distinction streamer and since we haven't had any response from inquiries up the chain of command for the past seven years, I'm beginning to think we should just buy one.  Additionally some of our older streamers are becoming frayed, discolored, and they are all different sizes - so it would be nice to get them all new and consistent.  Does anyone have any recommendations or experience in doing this?  Thank you in advance!
BILL HRINKO, Maj, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Youngstown ARS Composite Squadron

Eclipse

There's a single source for these and that is NHQ. 

I guarantee you can fix this issue with a single phone call to National.  Whatever inquiries that have been made were to the wrong people.

We have used this company in the past for honor flight streamers for encampment
http://www.gideonflags.com/battle_streamers.htm

Be prepared as they are not cheap, especially as 1-offs.  Made to spec, a single honor flight streamer that was about 1/2 the size of a
UC or SOM streamer was $55.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on March 07, 2012, 04:15:08 PM
There's a single source for these and that is NHQ. 

I guarantee you can fix this issue with a single phone call to National.  Whatever inquiries that have been made were to the wrong people.

We have used this company in the past for honor flight streamers for encampment
http://www.gideonflags.com/battle_streamers.htm

Be prepared as they are not cheap, especially as 1-offs.  Made to spec, a single honor flight streamer that was about 1/2 the size of a
UC or SOM streamer was $55.
At our encampment they used clothe and wrote whatever award onto it.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"