Environment at NCSA's

Started by cadetesman, February 24, 2012, 01:03:43 AM

cadetesman

Hello

What is the environment like at powered flight academies, SUPT, space command fam, and civil engineering fam.?

What I mean by this, is what is it like, encampment style, more relaxed, more freedom, or very strict and military like.

Thank you, and any responses are appreciated.

Thanks,
C/Ssgt

Ned

From the new CAPP 52-23:
Quote from: CAPP 52-23
Level 2 intensity is the norm for advanced cadet training activities such as NCSAs ( . . .)"

Level 2 Intensity is typical of academic situations and performance of normal duties.  Cadets treat each other and their instuctors with courtesy and respect, but the emphasis is on learning the topic at hand, not basic military skills.  Normal customs and courtesies apply --  things like standing when a superior officer enters the room, normal saluting rules, use of "sir/ma'am" as appropriate, etc.

Restated, I would not normally expect to hear a lot of raised voices giving orders or feedback at an NCSA.  It would normally look and feel much like the quiet professionalism you experience at you local unit.

Take a look at the pamhlet.  It explains it better than I can.

Ned Lee

NCRblues

Quote from: Ned on February 24, 2012, 01:50:38 AM

Take a look at the pamhlet.  It explains it better than I can.

Ned Lee

But...but... you wrote it  >:D
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

RobertAmphibian

First off, I'm a huge fan of the new implementation pamphlet.

Most NCSAs (and definitely the ones you've listed) are pretty laid back compared to encampment. You'll find a few that are more hardcore (PJOC, HGA,) and a few that are certainly more academically challenging than an encampment (COS, SUPTFC, CLA.) The expectation is that you'll be able to wear your uniform, treat others with respect, and show up to events on time without your encampment flight staff telling you what to do.

gajnrshooter

I attended SW Region Powered Flight Academy. It was VERY laid back, we were in t-shirts and shorts almost the entire time. Some people goofed off the entire time and did not get to solo.  :(  However most of us enjoyed are time and we put are shoulders to the grindstone when it came time to study.

It was really nice to spend ten days with some great people and not see a single salute.