Badges for cadets

Started by cadetesman, February 15, 2012, 02:39:04 AM

Eclipse

That's not unusual, were it not for the repeaters, most of the units in my wing are too far apart for VHF.

"That Others May Zoom"

davidsinn

Quote from: Dad2-4 on February 16, 2012, 02:08:21 AM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 15, 2012, 11:54:05 PM

Not a one.

Wow.
Bigger antennas?

The unit HQ is 3 miles from the repeater. No other unit is within range of the repeater. There is actually not a single radio in range. My handheld can't hit it from my house and that's the only VHF asset we have.

Sent from my HTC Incredible 2 using Tapatalk
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Extremepredjudice

This is definitly on topic stuff.

If your wing holds 0 nets, than 25% of 0=0. cut, 'n' dry.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

PHall

A "net" can be 4 ISR's. As long as you follow the net protocal, you're meeting the training requirement.
Sometimes you just gotta improvise. Kinda like the "real" world. ;)

cadetesman

Maj. Bowles: First Sir, I would like to thank you for your service in the US Navy, I honestly do appreciate anyone who is willing to serve and protect our freedoms.

Second, I actually want to receive the training. I just came upon the 3 specialties, by looking at these badges, and they happen to correlate with the sort of thing I'm interested in. If there was no badge, or no recognition, I'd still want the training, as I legitimately want to become a more productive and helpful member of CAP.

Thank you,

C/SSgt

a2capt

Organize four nets among radio users.
Take turns running each one.
Participate in all four for that period.
100% compliance. Done.

You learned something, too.
..and might start something, too.

SarDragon

Quote from: cadetesman on February 16, 2012, 02:49:45 AM
Maj. Bowles: First Sir, I would like to thank you for your service in the US Navy, I honestly do appreciate anyone who is willing to serve and protect our freedoms.

Second, I actually want to receive the training. I just came upon the 3 specialties, by looking at these badges, and they happen to correlate with the sort of thing I'm interested in. If there was no badge, or no recognition, I'd still want the training, as I legitimately want to become a more productive and helpful member of CAP.

Thank you,

C/SSgt

Good show.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

Quote from: MSG Mac on February 15, 2012, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: Eclipse on February 15, 2012, 09:01:47 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 15, 2012, 06:47:40 PMThere's not much point in running a net with ISRs. That's actually the only way we could do it because my unit only has 1 VHF.

There's not really much point to the nets, period, but when you need to get something done for a rating, or whatever, you sometimes need to be creative.

Net is net.
If the wing isn't doing nets, have a Group or even Squadron nets.

+1 in CAPR 100 does it not mentioned Chaplain NETs, we even had a Cadet NET. If you are a communicator and no NETs I guess you should start one. 

Private Investigator

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 16, 2012, 02:23:15 AM
This is definitly on topic stuff.

If your wing holds 0 nets, than 25% of 0=0. cut, 'n' dry.

That does not make sense. Be bold and start a NET. But 0 NET = ZERO you did not pass. NETs is good training in communications discipline. How many times have you been on a mission or an exercise and somebody is stepping all over other transmissions or do not realize a relay is in progress?

On a sidebar do you think we should give Master Communicator to a HAM who does nothing in CAP Communications? Or a Comm Badge to a Cadet who still does not understand P-T-T and R-T-L? 

Private Investigator

Quote from: Eclipse on February 15, 2012, 09:01:47 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on February 15, 2012, 06:47:40 PMThere's not much point in running a net with ISRs. That's actually the only way we could do it because my unit only has 1 VHF.

There's not really much point to the nets, period, but when you need to get something done for a rating, or whatever, you sometimes need to be creative.

Net is net.

You are not in a creative squadron are you? You know those ones where everyone has at least one master rating even if they are a second louie with a grand total of 7 1/2 months in CAP but lots of life experience   ::)