Main Menu

Patron Membership

Started by Ground_pounder82, February 10, 2012, 01:02:33 AM

Ground_pounder82

Just curious, and not sure I understand what I can/cannot do as a patron member.  I love doing CAP activies/particpating in CAP, however I am Active duty and have a family and cannot contribute the way I would like.  I do not want to hang my hat up, however I would like to stay active in CAP because some day I would like to become a full active member again.  Suggestions/hints.

Thanks,
Mark

Eclipse

As a patron member you are limted to the occasional sqaudron party by invite or wing conference.

No ES, no meetings, no other activities.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

The Great thing is Mark that when you are ready to participate again, it's just as easy as your commander sending a letter to NHQ making you active again.  It is the squadron's way of keeping a valuable member engaged without you being counted against training/safety requirements. 

Eclipse

Patron members must now meet the same identification requirements as new members when they want to re-activate.

See 39-2, revised Aug 2011.

"That Others May Zoom"

peter rabbit

Quote from: Eclipse on February 10, 2012, 04:23:05 AM
Patron members must now meet the same identification requirements as new members when they want to re-activate.

See 39-2, revised Aug 2011.

But, thank goodness, they don't have to be fingerprinted again if they were screened previously.