A disturbance in the force......

Started by sarmed1, February 04, 2012, 12:27:48 PM

sarmed1

....couldnt but help but notice, there hasnt been a post in the uniform section since the 1st....is there some great global catastrophe about to happen.......

mk
Capt.  Mark "K12" Kleibscheidel

NIN

Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

sarmed1

sorry just couldnt resist.....

move along.....these arent the uniforms you are looking for.....

mk

RiverAux

I thought we'd solved all the uniform issues.

arajca

Quote from: sarmed1 on February 04, 2012, 12:27:48 PM
....couldnt but help but notice, there hasnt been a post in the uniform section since the 1st....is there some great global catastrophe about to happen.......

mk
We've been too busy donverting all the other threads to uniform threads... >:D

Sapper168

mk

You didnt get the message?  You have to sign up for the premium level membership which isnt free.  This will allow you to see the newest Uniform and award posts plus adds a feature to let you block the posts of obvious forum trolls from showing on your screen!!

8) >:D :angel: 8) >:D :angel: ::)
Shane E Guernsey, TSgt, CAP
CAP Squadron ESO... "Who did what now?"
CAP Squadron NCO Advisor... "Where is the coffee located?"
US Army 12B... "Sappers Lead the Way!"
US Army Reserve 71L-f5... "Going Postal!"

PHall

Quote from: RiverAux on February 04, 2012, 01:39:39 PM
I thought we'd solved all the uniform issues.

We did. The one I wear is the "right" one and the one you wear isn't. >:D

RogueLeader

mk

I was thinking the same thing.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

The CyBorg is destroyed

I think that (for now) any uniform ideas will be, at best, an exercise in futility and chasing after the wind.

Ned, who has more knowledge of the process than probably anyone on CT, has told us that the powers that be on the Uniform Board aren't doing anything right now until they get ready to make suggestions, whenever that may be.  Based on what he has said, I wouldn't hope for anything but the status quo.

The Air Force really doesn't care because they haven't designated a person to care between CC CAP-USAF and CSAF...just as long as we don't make any unauthorised changes on our own and as long as they don't hear of any salute-trolling.

Until then, I don't really think anyone up the chain in the AF or CAP really gives a tinker's cuss what you and I think...if they did they wouldn't have canned the CSU.

Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to post my idea for redoing the CAP-specific (I hate the terms "distinctive" and "corporate") uniforms, but right now someone would likely shout there isn't enough grey. :( ::)
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

jks19714

If distinctive is what you want, maybe Sheriff Arpaiao in Arizona will sell you some of those striped uniforms with pink underwear they use in the jail.  You could use the "sentenced" ones for Seniors and the"unsentenced" ones for the Cadets.  ;D
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 12:45:47 AM
If distinctive is what you want, maybe Sheriff Arpaiao in Arizona will sell you some of those striped uniforms with pink underwear they use in the jail.  You could use the "sentenced" ones for Seniors and the"unsentenced" ones for the Cadets.  ;D

NHQ wouldn't approve them since they aren't grey.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

sarmed1

I wonder actually how many wings changed wingkings this year and re-evaualted/changed/forwarded/resigned any of the wing uniform supplements out there.......that may have caused some "changes" either good or bad.....

mk

jks19714

Quote from: CyBorg on February 05, 2012, 01:22:23 AM
Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 12:45:47 AM

NHQ wouldn't approve them since they aren't grey.

Well, the stripes are black and white, so they would average out to grey...  And I think that the pink underwear would ensure that we were distinct from the other services.
Diamond Flight 88
W3JKS/AAT3BF/AAM3EDE/AAA9SL
Assistant Wing Communications Engineer

titanII

Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 03:04:25 AMI think that the pink underwear would ensure that we were distinct from the other services.
Especially in low light at a distance  ;D.
No longer active on CAP talk

AngelWings

Quote from: titanII on February 05, 2012, 03:16:48 AM
Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 03:04:25 AMI think that the pink underwear would ensure that we were distinct from the other services.
Especially in low light at a distance  ;D.
You need the matching bra.

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: jks19714 on February 05, 2012, 03:04:25 AM
And I think that the pink underwear would ensure that we were distinct from the other services.

Not acceptable.  It must be grey to pass muster.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Extremepredjudice

Sheesh are you guys bitter.

Why don't you try and do something about it? play their political game and do something good. Or form a petition.

Or you could storm the NB, NEC, and BoG meetings, and burn all of them at the stake, then replace them with CTers. >:D
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Pylon

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on February 05, 2012, 05:15:39 AM
Or you could storm the NB, NEC, and BoG meetings, and burn all of them at the stake, then replace them with CTers. >:D

You'd probably be surprised to know that we already have members of the NB, BoG, and even the Uniform Committee who are members here.  And even regular posters.  The opinions expressed here don't necessarily fall on deaf ears.  But at the same time, things don't always move at light speed and not every single person's opinion will be accommodated, especially with complicated and highly-charged issues like ironing out (no pun intended) all the issues, changes, grey areas, and possible options and things we could do with our entire closet of uniforms.  It takes time.  And ultimately uniforms will always be less important than executing the mission.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

AngelWings

Quote from: CyBorg on February 05, 2012, 05:11:43 AM
And I think that the pink underwear would ensure that we were distinct from the other services.

But we need to make sure it is visible in low light. Maybe it could be reversible, and have the grey side be made of reflective material or have some velcro on it to slap on some reflective strips.

PHall

Quote from: Littleguy on February 05, 2012, 03:47:07 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on February 05, 2012, 05:11:43 AM

But we need to make sure it is visible in low light. Maybe it could be reversible, and have the grey side be made of reflective material or have some velcro on it to slap on some reflective strips.

Hey, if you're using NVG's, everything is visible in low light conditions! ;)