Main Menu

Polo and shorts

Started by AirDX, January 28, 2012, 08:52:26 AM

ßτε

What I found odd was this post.
Quote from: Woodsy on January 28, 2012, 09:15:08 PM
My squadron is a little lax about the gray slacks...  You'll see every shade of gray know to man, all sorts of styles, even cargo pants, but the line would get drawn at shorts. 

With the reg about not fundraising in uniform, I was told by higher ups that when I'm knocking on doors of business looking for sponsorships, to wear the blue polo with jeans, because that way I have some credibility to the business (if in just civillian clothes they might not believe its legit) and I'm also technically not in uniform because of the jeans.
It is odd that the commander thinks that you can't even where CAP distinctive uniforms.

lordmonar

Quote from: Eclipse on January 29, 2012, 04:26:48 AM
Do they have the same rule?

It's a restriction for us only on cadets, and what else would AFJROTC leaders wear?
When I was a AFJROTC cadet back in the 80's we could NOT do fund raising in USAF uniforms.  When I was on AD we could not do fund rasing in uniform.

It was routinely ignored at Airshows.....selling squadorn coins while at the static display and such.....but standing on the side of the road with a cup begging for donations for the drill team was not someting you wanted to get caught doing.....yet I see it every year here in Vegas.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

^^A good chunk of the squadron patches (USAF, USN, RAF, RCAF) in my collection were bought at airshows from aircrews in uniform (flight suits).  Some of them actually set up booths with displays.  Some are unit-specific Desert Storm-era that may be worth a little coin today.

To the best of my knowledge, the restriction on fundraising is in the USAF uniforms only.  I don't know that there's anything preventing it wearing CAP uniforms, whether it's a polo shirt, BBDU's, G/W, or blue jumpsuit.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

peter rabbit

from CAPR 173-4:
2.   No Air Force Involvement.  It is important that no suggestions or inference be made in any CAP fund-raising program that the Air Force is involved or would benefit.  Therefore, wear of the Air Force-style CAP uniform in fund raising activities is limited to cadets. Advertising and promotional matter should clearly identify CAP as a distinct organization from the Air Force.  (See also paragraph 15f.)
15. f.   Wear of the Civil Air Patrol uniform and similar clothing while performing fund raising for Booster Club is prohibited.  Garments (e.g. squadron t-shirts) identifying the squadron and not referring to Civil Air Patrol are acceptable.

IMO, wearing the polo shirt with jeans is improper in any situation - fundraising or not. As the polo shirt is a CAP uniform, CAPM 39-1 specifies what can be worn with the polo. (see table 1-3 for what wing/region commanders can authorize as exceptions)