Encampment credit on eservices

Started by cadetesman, January 15, 2012, 04:58:54 AM

cadetesman

Where does one find if their encampment credit is on eservices yet?

Thank you

arajca

Member Search
Interactive Personnel
enter CAPID, hit TAB key
Training tab

rustyjeeper

Quote from: arajca on January 15, 2012, 05:05:50 AM
Member Search
Interactive Personnel
enter CAPID, hit TAB key
Training tab

Now a question on a slightly different note......
How does one who left the CAP and returned get their former encampment credited as completed?
In my case I did it in 1982 and no formal record exists. I do have people that can confirm I graduated but I have no documentation of any past accomplishments from WIWAC.
It is not a big deal but since I did it, I'd like my record to reflect that fact for accuracy.

Eclipse

Assuming you have something to substantiate it - letter from encampment commander, wing CC, etc., you just send an
email to member services requesting a records correction.

"That Others May Zoom"

rustyjeeper

It is the substantiate it part which presents difficulties. I have three others who attended with me that I could have write letters and I also found the former commander of my unit from way back........
None however are any longer in CAP the former commander is now retired and out of CAP and the others who attended with me are no longer involved, all were cadets with me who I have kept in touch with.
I was there and graduated.
What I dont know is if Wing's keep historical records or if National keeps records and how to go about placing a request to obtain those if they do, My old unit no longer has any paperwork on me at all :( And the 80's were "pre-computer"

Eclipse

I suppose the first place I would ask would be wing - but don't be surprised if they don't have it.  Ditto for the (now)
State Director.  My wing's SD has about 10-15(is) years of F20's, but not much further.

Otherwise, I don't see why a signed statement from you to that effect wouldn't be enough.  We're not talking about an SMV.

Maybes there's photos?

"That Others May Zoom"

Pump Scout

Interesting... I was just thinking about this the other day. I have pictures of my Encampment from 1985-ish, but no formal records. Heck, I even remember my "wingman" by name - wonder what ever happened to him. The two cadets (at the time) I went with from our squadron are both now deceased. On the bright side, our squadron commander from 25 years ago, now a LTC, is around during the summer months. Great guy. I could probably get him to sign off on a letter saying I've been to Encampment.

Makes me wonder how many current seniors are long-ago former cadets who came back for one reason or another. I even brought my daughter in when I came back. :)

CAP_truth

When I returned to CAP after a long break, I submitted copies of all my certificates, awards, and documentation to Jennifer at National headquarters. Within 1 day tehy were posted to eservices.
Cadet CoP
Wilson

RiverAux

Perhaps if you have records of achievements within the cadet program that had encampment attendance as a prerequisite, this would work.  "I wouldn't have obtained this achievement without attending the encampment, so having the achievement is proof of encampment attendance".

rustyjeeper

Quote from: RiverAux on January 15, 2012, 03:19:58 PM
Perhaps if you have records of achievements within the cadet program that had encampment attendance as a prerequisite, this would work.  "I wouldn't have obtained this achievement without attending the encampment, so having the achievement is proof of encampment attendance".

I wish I did have records, as a kid all I cared about was BLING :o
Does that sound familiar? I think to 95% of our cadets it applies even today....
Wasnt till I got to the army that I learned the value and importance of paper copies of everything, lesson learned.

From my cadet days, I have no photo's at all :(  the only things I have are an ID card (expired of course 1985) my c/Msgt pin on rank which is the "old" grade before grade stucture was changed, back then we had  after c/Msgt -----Warrant Officers).
I do also have a very full ribbon rack, at least 5 rows full 8)
Nice doodads such as find ribbon and a few of the ribbons have clusters. Unfortunately I cant remember whatthey all are for and none of the ribbon charts I see now have all of the same things, some yes some no.

I am and was lucky to have found people who participated with me many years ago, after my sabbattical.

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: rustyjeeper on January 15, 2012, 03:49:11 PM
Nice doodads such as find ribbon and a few of the ribbons have clusters. Unfortunately I cant remember whatthey all are for and none of the ribbon charts I see now have all of the same things, some yes some no.

I could not find the poster I remember but this link has the older images.

http://wiki.cadetstuff.org/index.php?title=CAP_uniform_history