Main Menu

An Apology

Started by cadetesman, January 09, 2012, 12:30:02 AM

cadetesman

The purpose of this post is to extend a sincere apology to all on CapTalk, and to the C.A.P. community in general.

I recently received a very appropriate personal message, critiquing the style in which I write posts; this message also provided recommendations on how to make them more conducive to others, for the purpose of reading. I appreciate this very much, and would like to say a big "Thank you" to the individual who notified me of this. From now on, I will write in a more professional manner, so as to represent myself, and CAP in a more appropriate, professional manner.

I would also like to apologize for trying to act superior, and for writing arrogant posts. I appreciate everyone's comments, and I truly will abide by these recommendations. I appreciate everyone's help, and know that we are all in CAP for the same basic reason; to help others, and not to act like arrogant jerks, like I was.

Once again, I am sorry, and would like to be a better member of this forum, while contributing to the helping of others in their CAP related concerns.

Sincerely,
Cadet Anonymous

Ford73Diesel

It takes a real man/ woman to make an apology like that. Kudos

Duke Dillio

Thank you for the apology.  I wish for you that it would not have been necessary but take it as a learning experience.

With this board as with most others, sometimes it is better to lurk for a while and figure out how things work.  Then, you can get into the flow and eventually you will be fully accepted.  Giving the FOG's a hard time is usually a death sentence.  Just learn to listen and I am sure that you will learn a lot.

AngelWings

Did an apology like this myself a year ago. Now you can move from what happened in the past and start new ;)

Pylon

That's the perfect example of how to take constructive criticism.  Good on you, and I hope you continue to learn and enjoy the discussions here.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

The CyBorg is destroyed

All is forgiven...live and learn.
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Dad2-4

:clap: :clap:
Hope you have a long and prosperous CAP career.

JeffDG

Does anyone else find it ironic that such an apology is signed:
Quote from: cadetesman on January 09, 2012, 12:30:02 AM
Sincerely,
Cadet Anonymous

RogueLeader

Quote from: JeffDG on January 10, 2012, 01:33:54 AM
Does anyone else find it ironic that such an apology is signed:
Quote from: cadetesman on January 09, 2012, 12:30:02 AM
Sincerely,
Cadet Anonymous

No.  We know the poster is sincere, and has made a decision to do better.  Do we really need to know the man behind the curtain?  I don't.
WYWG DP

GRW 3340

Private Investigator

That apology shows good character and pushups make for a strong body.

:clap:

Capination

Kudos to you. You just did something that is taught in the USAF-ACSC and that only 1 out of every 10 ASCS graduates is strong enough to put it into practice. This learning experience have already made a grown up man/woman out of you. Congratulations.

TBT

You have shown more maturity than some seniors. We all make mistakes. Some not as public.