Main Menu

Specialty Boots

Started by Noble Six, January 04, 2012, 03:47:57 PM

SSGT FAY

Quote from: niferous on January 16, 2012, 03:39:21 PM

Although it isn't mentioned I know lots of people (including myself) who wear Corcorans every day and haven't worn out a pair yet. Just some re-soles and that's it. They are pricey but they are made in the USA and high quality. I also have had good luck with Altima boots but they required inserts to be as comfortable as the Corcorans. They did/do last as long though.

I use Corcoran boots everyday both for combat operations and non combat operations  I love them still using my first pair from jul 2001
Shawn c "leprechaun" Fay
Ssgt, USAF-ANG 123mxs/mxmp
2a651-aerospace propulsion mechanic

w7sar

Has anyone tried or have experience with Nicks Custom Boots?  Am considering a Danner Acadia Model 21210 specifically.  Several of you note you have or have tried the Danners...which one specifically?  I see several that look good ... but if I'm going to spend the big bucks, I'd like to get the right ones.  I like the goretex lining and the thinsulate.  The Hot Shot lace to toe may also shows promise. 
Jerry Wellman, Col., CAP
NHQ CAP Assistant Senior Program Manager
Command & Control Communications
jwellman@cap.gov
(C) 801.541.3741
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

CAP_Marine

IMO, Danner's are worth every penny if you've got the cash handy. I have fielded both Acadia's and Ft. Lewis' for MANY years and really liked them both. Once you get them broken in they are super comfortable and they seem to last forever. I went through several resoles on both pairs before finally retiring them. I've used them on AD, in law enforcement and for hunting/ outdoor stuff and they seemed to hold up to whatever punishment I put them through and ask for more. Never used them for SAR work, but I can't see where they would go wrong. They (especially the Ft. Lewis) are a little heavy compared to some of the performance boots out there, but to me the durability makes up for it. YMMV

SAR-EMT1

For what it is worth, I have worn plain-jane Bellville jump boots at work for the last 6 years. I'm still on my original two pair, although I had to have the tread replaced last fall. They work great and are very comfortable.

Easy as hell to shine too.

( For what it's worth I am a full time paramedic and am on my feet  < 14 hours a day, 4 days a week. )
C. A. Edgar
AUX USCG Flotilla 8-8
Former CC / GLR-IL-328
Firefighter, Paramedic, Grad Student

Noble Six

Ended up ordering the Oakley S.I. Assault boot last night.
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897