Cadet Membership Inactive Status Code?

Started by RADIOMAN015, December 26, 2011, 03:55:39 PM

RADIOMAN015

Wondering what others think about establishing an "inactive" status code for cadets in e services ???  Basically if a cadet stops showing up for meetings and doesn't contact/return calls from the DCC they could be put into an "inactive" status category.   Those in an "inactive" status category would not be mailed a renewal notice BUT would remain on the unit rolls until their membership expired.

As we all know teenagers can be indecisive on what they want to do and what organizations they want to join/retain membership in.   The "inactive" status is non punitive BUT ensures that statistics such as safety training & cadet program progressions is not impacted by the cadet membership that is inactive.  The cadet could be taken out of this status IF they returned to the unit and started active participation prior to the membership expiration date.  It would also save postage for National HQ in sending out renewal notices. 

RM 

Al Sayre

This was discussed at length at the last NB IIRC, NHQ is supposed to be working on some way to handle it instead of transferring inactive/safety delinquent members to XX-000.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Eclipse

Patron status works just fine, just add cadets to the list.

"That Others May Zoom"

Tim Medeiros

TIMOTHY R. MEDEIROS, Lt Col, CAP
Chair, National IT Functional User Group
1577/2811

capmaj

'Patron' is a category of Senior membership and Cadets cannot be placed in that category.

davidsinn

Quote from: capmaj on December 26, 2011, 08:27:45 PM
'Patron' is a category of Senior membership and Cadets cannot be placed in that category.

We know. Cadets should be added to the list of categories that can be placed in patron status.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

a2capt

Point is 100% compliance with safety and other required training is impossible in this organization.

The last Wing CC was constantly harping about grounding units because of it.

What they need to concentrate on is auditing activities and participation if that is what they say you can't do if you're not current. 

Of course, opening said activity with a detailed safety brief and ORM discussion about that activity, as applicable will then fulfill the currency requirement and be relevant to the subject. What a concept.

Oh, wait- we do that anyway.

Spaceman3750

My RG/CC recently sent out a memo regarding 100% compliance on monthly safety... The idea of 100% compliance with monthly briefings is silly because 100% of my unit is not active all the time - and since the regs only requires safety currency for participation, 100% compliance isn't required.

davidsinn

Here's a novel concept: how about we get rid of this stupid management by statistics, MBA bullcrap and actually do the mission and not worry so much about the administrative BS.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Spaceman3750

Quote from: davidsinn on December 26, 2011, 11:15:38 PM
Here's a novel concept: how about we get rid of this stupid management by statistics, MBA bullcrap and actually do the mission and not worry so much about the administrative BS.

+1,000

EMT-83

Quote from: davidsinn on December 26, 2011, 11:15:38 PM

I would be interested in learning if the mandatory training has reduced the number of incidents, or severity of incidents occurring.

For example, has ground handling training had any impact on hangar rash?

lordmonar

Quote from: a2capt on December 26, 2011, 09:05:20 PM
Point is 100% compliance with safety and other required training is impossible in this organization.

No it's not. 

2b your dead weight, patron those who want it....conduct your monthly safety education and monitor your member's complaince.

We have about 70 members in my squadron and we do just fine.

QuoteThe last Wing CC was constantly harping about grounding units because of it.

What they need to concentrate on is auditing activities and participation if that is what they say you can't do if you're not current.

The problem with that is once you are at the mission base or gathering to transport out to the activity site.....there is no easy way to get everyone complaint.

QuoteOf course, opening said activity with a detailed safety brief and ORM discussion about that activity, as applicable will then fulfill the currency requirement and be relevant to the subject. What a concept.

As clearly expressed by the safety boffins......on site safet breifing is NOT considered safety education and does not count toward complaince.

Battle already fought and lost.....move on.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Eclipse

Quote from: lordmonar on December 27, 2011, 01:09:56 AMAs clearly expressed by the safety boffins......on site safet breifing is NOT considered safety education and does not count toward compliance.

This is incorrect.  On-site safety briefings absolutely qualify for safety compliance.

"That Others May Zoom"

Phil Hirons, Jr.

Quote from: EMT-83 on December 26, 2011, 11:43:18 PM
I would be interested in learning if the mandatory training has reduced the number of incidents, or severity of incidents occurring.
For example, has ground handling training had any impact on hangar rash?

That is an excellent question. A lot of volunteer time goes into the current safety requirements. If there is not sufficient return on that investment, continuing to do the same thing would fit the definition of insanity. 

davidsinn

Quote from: lordmonar on December 27, 2011, 01:09:56 AM
Quote from: a2capt on December 26, 2011, 09:05:20 PM

No it's not. 

2b your dead weight, patron those who want it....conduct your monthly safety education and monitor your member's complaince.

We have about 70 members in my squadron and we do just fine.

Last I checked safety was not the mission. Let's put more effort in the actual mission.

[/quote]
QuoteThe last Wing CC was constantly harping about grounding units because of it.

The problem with that is once you are at the mission base or gathering to transport out to the activity site.....there is no easy way to get everyone complaint.

QuoteOf course, opening said activity with a detailed safety brief and ORM discussion about that activity, as applicable will then fulfill the currency requirement and be relevant to the subject. What a concept.

As clearly expressed by the safety boffins......on site safet breifing is NOT considered safety education and does not count toward complaince.

Battle already fought and lost.....move on.
[/quote]

Then they are idiots. It is far more useful to hear about safety considerations today for my task at hand then to sit through yet another cold weather briefing when I've lived here my entire life.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

lordmonar

Agree on all points....look at my posts on when the implemented the new safety program requirments.

Like I said......battle fought and lost.

Until we get a change in the safety boffins....we just have to move on.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP