Salute?

Started by ElectricPenguin, December 07, 2011, 10:22:23 PM

Extremepredjudice

By people who don't understand how the program is supposed to operate.  There isn't an SUI item that says that the cadets run the program.  What is important is that they participate in the program at the level that they're at.  If you have a cadet who is flight sergeant, you don't want to report that a senior has taken the flight sergeant role and the cadet who should be filling that position is just standing in ranks.
I do agree with this statement.  Responsibility should be given to the cadets at a level that they are comfortable with.
If that is the basis for putting someone in charge, then I know a lot of officers that can't command a rubber ducky, let alone a unit. I know some NCOs that can command anything.

If we are solely judging on rank, the officer should be in charge. If we are judging on ability, maybe that NCO should get a shot?

If the cadet can command a unit, and is the highest ranking cadet, why not let him? It would free up flight sergeant for other lower ranking NCOs to get a chance to receive experience.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

jimmydeanno

You highlight another issue, which is promoting cadets who haven't met the program goals.  If the officer can't lead at the level they need to, why did the unit promote them that far?  Cadets are supposed to learn leadership, not how to take some tests and wait two months.

That NCO may ultimately have the skills and ability, but they haven't put themselves in a situation that would warrant the extra grade.  If they're that high speed and awesome, in a few months, they'll be a cadet officer in no time.

You need to look at how the program is designed, not how people who don't better implement it.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill