Does Vanguard do mini medal mounting?

Started by Dad2-4, November 19, 2011, 07:47:21 AM

Dad2-4

I looked but can't find anything on their website. I'm thinking of ordering a set of mini medals (USAF and CAP mixed) but don't see anything about having them mounted. I don't want to do that myself if I can help it. Am I missing something?

Ed Bos

http://www.vanguardmil.com/mounting-bar-fits-7-army-air-force-or-navy-miniature-medals-p-9111.html

When I put together my USAF Mess Dress, I bought one of these. You can slide the medals onto the bar, the same way you do with ribbons.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

SarDragon

Quote from: Ed Bos on November 19, 2011, 08:05:03 AM
http://www.vanguardmil.com/mounting-bar-fits-7-army-air-force-or-navy-miniature-medals-p-9111.html

When I put together my USAF Mess Dress, I bought one of these. You can slide the medals onto the bar, the same way you do with ribbons.

Does that give you the proper overlap? Or is there an overlap with 4 mini-medals. I only have three for my AD rack, and never bothered for my CAP stuff because I have nowhere to wear it.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Ed Bos

I seem to recall someone telling me that the ribbons on CAP medals are cut to a different length than AF ones, but I don't know that for sure.

What I do know is that my AF medals have the correct overlap.
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001

Hawk200

Quote from: Ed Bos on November 19, 2011, 05:06:05 PM
I seem to recall someone telling me that the ribbons on CAP medals are cut to a different length than AF ones, but I don't know that for sure.
They did a few years ago. I had a problem with the length, took them apart and shortened the ribbon to match the length of my military ones.

All my military medals are the same length, regardless of service. The CAP mini medals were different lengths entirely, and no one CAP medal was the same length as any other CAP medal. I found that a bit sad, and a little annoying.