AFSA and VFW NCO and Officer Awards

Started by GroundHawg, November 09, 2011, 10:16:54 PM

GroundHawg

Im trying to get our end of the year awards done in time for our annual awards banquet and I am new to the process of these awards. The deadline for these is listed as April 15. If I submitted these prior to the end of 2011, would that be for 2011 or 2012? Also, how long does it take as far as turnaround? We as a Squadron have sadly not used these in the past, we are now, and I would love any info that anyone might be able to pass on.

SARDOC

I'm pretty sure at this point it would be for 2012

Eclipse

The April deadline is for the 2011 award.  You can't submit for an award that has an award period which runs until December 30 in Oct., you're missing an entire quarter.

The majority of CAP "of the year" awards are based on the calendar year, awarded in the following Spring.

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

I'm trying to submit for this award.  The directions state to submit a CAPF120 directly to the VFW.  Does anybody have a CAPF 120 that is fillable.  The one on the CAPNHQ website does not allow you to change font size and I can't enter the VFW address in the space provided.  Any help would be appreciated.

SarDragon

Print it out and use a typewriter? Print neatly?
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

Google remove word password and find the process that uses CTRL ALT SHIFT f11, then do whatever you want.

I'd link it but I'm in the middle of rebuilding my desk...

"That Others May Zoom"

SARDOC

Quote from: SarDragon on April 06, 2012, 09:20:10 PM
Print it out and use a typewriter? Print neatly?

A typewriter...I know I haven't had one of those in my house since about 1988.  Printing Neatly is an option I can make an attempt but I want these cadets to get the award...not sure it would happen after seeing my "printing" skills.

I think I'll try Eclipse's suggestion.  Thanks

SarDragon

Alt-Sh-F11 doesn't work in Word 2007/2010.

Use the alternative method here.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

ßτε

GroundHawg

An update:
Recieved the AFA and AFSA award packages within a week of submitting them and they are sweet!
Submitted the VFW writeups at the same time, and still have not recieved anything... its been over 3 months now

SARDOC

Quote from: GroundHawg on April 09, 2012, 03:46:41 AM
An update:
Recieved the AFA and AFSA award packages within a week of submitting them and they are sweet!
Submitted the VFW writeups at the same time, and still have not recieved anything... its been over 3 months now

I don't know that you will get anything until after the application deadline.  I think they make a single product order for the requested awards, then there will be some processing time and coordination for actual presentation.