BDUs are now Obsolete

Started by Smithsonia, November 04, 2011, 11:47:03 PM

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Eclipse on November 09, 2011, 07:19:33 PM
I'd buy into the crush as long as the requirement was that it be approved for wear only after 50 missions.

Aircrew or GT? ;D
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Eclipse

Quote from: CyBorg on November 09, 2011, 07:19:58 PM
I'd buy into the crush as long as the requirement was that it be approved for wear only after 50 missions.

Aircrew or GT? ;D

Yeah, no kidding...

"That Others May Zoom"

cap235629

Quote from: Eclipse on November 09, 2011, 07:39:14 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on November 09, 2011, 07:19:58 PM

Aircrew or GT? ;D

Yeah, no kidding...

GT has an equivalent, the "Ranger Roll" LOL I have even seen folks Ranger Roll a ball cap!
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Spaceman3750

Here's an idea... Let's keep on doing our jobs without doing silly thing to our hats.

davidsinn

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on November 09, 2011, 08:45:05 PM
Here's an idea... Let's keep on doing our jobs without doing silly thing to our hats.

Yes please.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Major Lord

I think the "Village People" had a hat just like that crushed one.....

Major Lord
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he, who in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who would attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: Major Lord on November 09, 2011, 09:29:44 PM
I think the "Village People" had a hat just like that crushed one.....

Major Lord

I think their "leatherman" wore a black leather version of it...
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Munkers

My Squadron commander heard that Nationals is authorizing ABU's possibly within a year.
C/MSgt Munkers
First Sergeant
Color Guard Commander
Civil Air Patrol
Big Sky Composite Squadron MTWG

a2capt

Quote from: Munkers on November 10, 2011, 05:19:20 AMMy Squadron commander heard that Nationals is authorizing ABU's possibly within a year.
Ah the old "heard it from a friend's twice removed's best man six wedding's ago.. ;)

"in a year ... " they MIGHT have a meeting about it.

When you have it in the know from people right on this very forum that are actually involved in the *recommendation* only, and that is just on our level. Doesn't matter what we think, it's what they think. Glaciers move faster unless it's a liability. Then we might move a little faster.

wevleyaviation

Hello i'm new to cap talk and if anyone knows when will we be getting ABU i have herd somany date i do not no what is the truth so if anyone can help that wood be great
thank you

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DrJbdm

Quote from: wevleyaviation on November 10, 2011, 07:56:02 AM
Hello i'm new to cap talk and if anyone knows when will we be getting ABU i have herd somany date i do not no what is the truth so if anyone can help that wood be great
thank you

Wow, how old are you and what grade of school have you completed? That is by far the worse example of spelling, grammer, & word usage I have seen except for perhaps the garage sale sign I saw last weekend that read "Groge Sale!"

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Private Investigator

I doubt it. It seems like the other we was getting into BDUs. I think we should have stayed with the greens or fatigues.

Private Investigator

Quote from: CyBorg on November 09, 2011, 07:10:41 PM

Is this available on eBay?

But seriously would anybody beef me for wearing it?

rjfoxx

Back to the original subject of this tread...BDU's.   The Delaware Wing just received 250 BDU sets from the USAF at Dover AFB and the Delaware Air National Guard is giving the Wing another 100 sets.  This is a great plus for our cadets. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Major Richard J Foxx, CAP
Health Service Officer - DEWG
IG Inspector - DEWG

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Private Investigator on November 10, 2011, 11:38:29 AM
Quote from: CyBorg on November 09, 2011, 07:10:41 PM

Is this available on eBay?

Why do people want this? It looks like complete crap. I can understand the whole headset over the cover that lead to the original look, along with the "experience" of many missions, but ultimately? It looks like crap, and I wouldn't want you in a picture as a PAO or someone also in the shot looking like that in it.

Chief2009

Quote from: Private Investigator on November 10, 2011, 11:38:29 AM

Yes they would take issue with you wearing that.

Per CAPR 39-1 Table 2-1, Line 12. "Cap will not be crushed"
"To some the sky is the limit. To others it is home" — Unknown
Dan Nelson, 1st Lt, CAP
Deputy Commander for Cadets
Illinois Valley Composite Squadron GLR-IL-284

Thrashed

Quote from: CyBorg on November 09, 2011, 05:16:21 PM
Quote from: Thrashed on November 09, 2011, 12:04:03 PM
I vote "no hats" of any kind.

Why? Because hats suck, I don't like them. Yes, I am allowed my opinion. Sorry. I wear the stupid service cap at work everyday. I hate it.

Quote from: Thrashed on November 09, 2011, 12:04:03 PM
We also do not need new uniform choices or changes. Enough is enough!

Sooo...the many CAP members who loathe the current options and the way the CSU was pulled out from under us just have to "suck it up?" Yes, it's called following orders and regulations.

Save the triangle thingy

Thrashed

Quote from: arajca on November 08, 2011, 11:23:40 PM
Quote from: CyBorg on November 08, 2011, 09:34:21 PM
But somebody, please, Please, PLEASE get rid of the Realtor jacket (blazer)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I KNOW it's cheap, especially if you get it at Salvation Army, Goodwill or St. Vince's...but it is very NON-AVIATION.  When I see it, I think of Century 21, RE/MAX, etc (I used to work in the real estate industry).

I would be over the moon to be able to wear something like this:

Airline aircrew uniform jacket, available from Tally-Ho uniforms...and it's available in charcoal grey, to keep the grey zealots appeased!  We wouldn't have to use the sleeve striping, either...the current Realtor jacket nameplate with grade would suffice, but deep-six the pocket protector!!!
And this without the sleeve stripes is different from the current blazer how exactly? The pocket protector is a travesty. The proper way to wear a crest on the blazer is to either sew it on or use a pin on version.

Yea, the airline jacket without stripes is a suit coat. You can get them at JC Pennys. There is nothing military about it except the stripes and the company logo on the buttons.

Save the triangle thingy