New color guard

Started by Masterone, November 02, 2011, 04:34:07 AM

Masterone

Hey guys, ok heres the scoop. Our squadron is having a color guard. I want to know as much as I can about the procedures for color guard. Im currently retracing the DAC manual, I was wondering if there is any other regs, or manuals, or publications any kind of info I can get on the color guard. I just want to make sure I am as prepared as I can be. I have also previously been on the color guard, but I like backing myself up with regs. Any insight will be appreciated. Thank you.

Extremepredjudice

900-2 and 52-4...

AE, leadership, drill man. and 39-1.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

BillB

Florida Wing produced a Color Guard Guide, mainly for Color Guard Competition. It was on line, but I'm not sure iof it's still there. It must work since Florida won National Color Guard Competition several times since it was published. Send me an email address and I'll forward it to you.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

Abby.L

My tip for color guards?
Do not wear service caps(Not authorized for enlisted, except Honor guard), unless the cadets are officers. If some(Both flags, for example) of the cadets are officers, have at it, but only them.
If the uniform that the OIC designates is service dress, pin the shoulder cords on from the inside with safety pins. About 5-6 will pin it nicely, and it looks much neater.
Don't be gung-ho by wearing the silver cord, only honor guards and cadets who graduate from HGA are allowed to wear it. Wear the white shoulder cords instead.
Last tip: Practice in the event place as many times as you can, get the movements crisp, and have fun while representing CAP!  8)
Capt Abby R. Lockling
SSgt(Sep) USAF, 41ECS
Charlie flight, NBB 2013

Eclipse

Better still, ignore any uniform accouterments until you actually know what you are doing and have done it a few times.

"That Others May Zoom"

tsrup

Quote from: Eclipse on December 06, 2011, 09:56:52 PM
Better still, ignore any uniform accouterments until you actually know what you are doing and have done it a few times.

^this.

X1000
Paramedic
hang-around.