Main Menu

Application error

Started by Mariner, October 17, 2011, 08:46:32 PM

Mariner

I screwed up with my application. I have been waiting on the ship for my wife to let me know that I received my membership number from CAP HQ. Well I got an e-mail from HQ telling me that we forgot to fill out the identity verification part of the application, OOPs. Now I will have to either hope the commander can figure something out long distance. Or we will have to wait until I get home in January. I bet he did it just to get me to buy him lunch again  >:D

EMT-83

If you had used the old application, you wouldn't need the ID verification. The old form is good until 30 November.

SarDragon

They kicked back an olde one I used in September. Go figure.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Al Sayre

Simple answer:  Copy your I-9 documents and email/fax them to the CC.  He's already met you in person, so he know's that's you.  He signs the form you already submitted stating he has seen the documents and sends it back to NHQ with the copies attached.
Lt Col Al Sayre
MS Wing Staff Dude
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
GRW #2787

Mariner

Quote from: Al Sayre on October 18, 2011, 12:10:47 PM
Simple answer:  Copy your I-9 documents and email/fax them to the CC.  He's already met you in person, so he know's that's you.  He signs the form you already submitted stating he has seen the documents and sends it back to NHQ with the copies attached.

I was hoping that we could do something like this. He did check my ID to verify who I said I was, and I showed him several government ID cards, which I have a lot due to my job. I am hoping to get my membership before I get off the ship in January, as I was asked to teach a rocketry program (I am NAR level 2 certified) while I am home.

Karl

EMT-83

You could teach the course either way; just follow CPPT.

Interesting that I just had a senior accepted by NHQ without the ID check, using the old form.

Mariner

Quote from: EMT-83 on October 18, 2011, 03:31:25 PM

Interesting that I just had a senior accepted by NHQ without the ID check, using the old form.

Yeah, I don't get that lucky. I mean I was stupid enough to become a professional mariner :o

SarDragon

Quote from: Mariner on October 19, 2011, 01:16:59 AM

Yeah, I don't get that lucky. I mean I was stupid enough to become a professional mariner :o

Probably better than a sub-mariner.  ;)
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Spaceman3750

Quote from: SarDragon on October 19, 2011, 01:28:44 AM
Quote from: Mariner on October 19, 2011, 01:16:59 AM

Or a Seattle Mariner >:D.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Mariner

[/quote]