Short catch phrases for CP and ES

Started by arajca, October 15, 2011, 04:19:25 AM

arajca

I have a portable display, similar to what sales folks use at conference booths, that I am setting upas a three-mission recruiting display. The dispay area is approx. 60"w x 48"h. I plan to have three columns with the mission name (AE,CP,ES) at the top and a short, mission statement/catch phrase at the bottom. I'm looking for the official, if such a thing exists, catch phrases for CP and ES. AE has "Building Aerospace Leaders for Tomorrow". I looked aroung the various sites and regs, but did not find anything suitable.

ThatOneGuy

I'm not that good at the whole recruiting catch phrases thing, but I'll give it a whirl.

For CP perhaps something like "Training our nations' Leaders of Tomorrow."

I do not think that there is any "official" catch phrase for Cadet Programs or ES, but I have heard very similar sayings to what I put above for CP quite often, especially at Wing Conferences, ect.

disamuel

jimmydeanno

Not to put too fine of a point, but "missions" don't recruit people.  People don't have attachment to "missions."

"OH!  What do you guys do?" 

"We do missions."

-----------

"Hi, we're looking for a donation to support our missions and programs."

-------------

Try to use phrases that invoke an emotional response from people.  People don't support missions and programs, they support people.
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Persona non grata

Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

arajca

Quote from: jimmydeanno on October 15, 2011, 12:25:30 PM
Not to put too fine of a point, but "missions" don't recruit people.  People don't have attachment to "missions."
Try to use phrases that invoke an emotional response from people.  People don't support missions and programs, they support people.
True. Between the header and footer will be pictures and testimonials related to the particular mission area. I'm working on getting appropriate pictures featuring local cadets/seniors and activities - didn't need to ask for those here.

NIN

"Forging Leaders For the 21st Century."

:)

(that phrase, as I recall, was on the original design of this flyer that Lt Col Matt Johnson did probably 12 years ago, so I certainly can't take credit for it..)
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.