anyone mind helping me out?

Started by Extremepredjudice, October 13, 2011, 01:12:20 AM

Extremepredjudice

What to do, what do to?

I am working to get things moving on a new squadron, would anyone like to be a "mentor" for me, and the new SMs.

I can't start to answer everything, and I don't know on some SM stuff. I'd love it if someone would answer all my questions.

Thanks all,
Extreme
P.S. The reason I don't want to post them here is, there will be quite a few, and I don't want to spam the board up. Also, I'd like to give the persons email to the people, so they could ask questions without having to go through me, always.
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

tsrup

What do you want?  A new squadron as a SM?  Or trying to get a new squadron as a cadet.

Feel free to PM me, just make it clear what your intentions are.  I (and we) are here to help.
Paramedic
hang-around.

Extremepredjudice

Starting a new squadron as a cadet.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

I have the initial list of questions and need to answer in detail, but you know you have to have at least three seniors, right?

More than one person reviewing the issues isn't a bad idea.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

I know, but I don't have them yet, I am still recruiting.

Tsrup, I sent you an email.

Edited for clarity.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

cap235629

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 13, 2011, 03:38:58 AM
Not yet, I am still recruiting.

The underlying question of why has yet to be answered.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: cap235629 on October 13, 2011, 03:40:22 AM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 13, 2011, 03:38:58 AM
Not yet, I am still recruiting.

The underlying question of why has yet to be answered.
Why I am starting a new squadron?

Because I don't like the one I am in, and they have ignored the entire squadrons suggestions. The CoC is screwed up. CPP violations. PT for punishment. Bravo flight doesn't know how to do basic drills. Politics. Promotions are NEVER entered into eservices, so some cadets get in trouble for entering the wrong rank into a form. Regulations aren't even used. Cadets are tested wrong. SMs lecturing cadets, when the cadet just told his(or her) cadets (like he(or she) is, for example, color guard commander) to move out of the way so others could get by.

I know you guys only have my word, but it is true... sadly :'(
I'm not complaining, you asked.

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

tsrup

Paramedic
hang-around.

Eclipse

Just as some background for those scoring at home.

Charters aren't self-actualizing, they will need Wing approval, and that generally takes a pretty strong justification and plan, especially if the new one will take members from, or overlap the AOR of, an existing unit.

If one of the justifications for a new unit is that there are CPP violations occurring at your existing unit, don't expect much but a visit from an IG, because the Wing CC is going to be required to act on that accusation.  Further to that, the things you're mentioning as issues are generally fixed with a new CC, which is also more likely to happen then a charter.

That doesn't mean that your idea won't fly or isn't justified, just saying.

There's also the reality that without several strongly motivated seniors to rally this cause, your road will be difficult.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on October 13, 2011, 04:09:44 AM
Charters aren't self-actualizing, they will need Wing approval, and that generally takes a pretty strong justification and plan, especially if the new one will take members from, or overlap the AOR of, an existing unit.
I know, I've read 20-3 several times.
Actually NHQ has to issue the charter, wing just forwards it.

QuoteIf one of the justifications for a new unit is that there are CPP violations occurring at your existing unit, don't expect much but a visit from an IG, because the Wing CC is going to be required to act on that accusation.  Further to that, the things you're mentioning as issues are generally fixed with a new CC, which is also more likely to happen then a charter.
I know... an IG would be fine with me.
There's also the reality that without several strongly motivated seniors to rally this cause, your road will be difficult.
I am working on getting some...

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 14, 2011, 02:38:45 AM

Wing doesn't just forward it - if the Wing CC doesn't approve, no charter.  In some cases the Region CC might have an opinion as well.

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 14, 2011, 02:38:45 AMI know... an IG would be fine with me.

Be careful what you ask for - failure to report could result in you having more free time.  If something is actionable, you should be doing what is required,
not trying to build a new unit.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Eclipse on October 14, 2011, 02:42:37 AM
Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 14, 2011, 02:38:45 AM

Wing doesn't just forward it - if the Wing CC doesn't approve, no charter.  In some cases the Region CC might have an opinion as well.

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 14, 2011, 02:38:45 AMI know... an IG would be fine with me.

Be careful what you ask for - failure to report could result in you having more free time.  If something is actionable, you should be doing what is required,
not trying to build a new unit.
The CPP violations is sending alpha flight 500 feet away(and around a corner, so they aren't visible) with no supervision. Or 1 SM(with females present). A few others I can't be sure on, but basically lack of supervision
This is also when our C/CC hazes us. ::) >:(

Dumb question :-[: what exactly do you mean by "failure to report could result in you having more free time." I can take that lots of ways.. ???

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

davidsinn

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 14, 2011, 03:03:41 AM
The CPP violations is sending alpha flight 500 feet away(and around a corner, so they aren't visible) with no supervision. Or 1 SM(with females present). A few others I can't be sure on, but basically lack of supervision
This is also when our C/CC hazes us. ::) >:(

Dumb question :-[ : what exactly do you mean by "failure to report could result in you having more free time." I can take that lots of ways.. ???

Only having one SM present is not a problem unless you're talking an overnighter. Going around the corner could be an issue. Are you actually getting hazed? You must report that if it's true.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

Quote from: Extremepredjudice on October 14, 2011, 03:03:41 AM
Dumb question :-[: what exactly do you mean by "failure to report could result in you having more free time." I can take that lots of ways.. ???

Reporting hazing and other CPP violations is serious business.  Failure to report something you are shown to be aware of could result in
your termination.

Without putting too fine a point on it, the fact that you are misinformed regarding the supervision policy means you may not be 100%
as informed as you think you are about other issues, since this is pretty clear.

There is no specific rule that says Cadets must be in eye-shot at all times.  Many leaders (including myself) live by this rule as CYA,
but it's not in the regs.

There must be one senior member present at CAP activities, two if they are overnight, with no gender specification whatsoever.
Anything else is either personal ORM or a wives tale.

(I'm working on the other questions.)

"That Others May Zoom"

Woodsy

You asked for advice, here's the best you will get.

Don't waste your time.  It's NOT going to happen. 

Repair, rebuild, don't abandon.   You're only going to cause problems for yourself.

Eclipse

^ A little direct, but I don't disagree.

I just hit "send" on your questions.

"That Others May Zoom"

Extremepredjudice

Thanks Eclipse. :clap: :clap: ;D

Replied. Lemme know what you think

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor

MSG Mac

Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

Hardshell Clam

IMO: You would be better served now and in the future spending your time working with your wing IG and chain of command rather then trying to start a new unit and washing dirty laundry in this very public forum. This is never a good idea and could be departmental in your future endeavors. You may also want to re-read some of the basic policies and regulations concerning these activities.