cadet math

Started by NCRblues, October 05, 2011, 06:05:57 AM

NCRblues

So, I was a little bored as of late (and curious), and decided to look into our cadet numbers wing wide for my wing.

What I found was very interesting.

I found that my wing is currently at 4.4% "high rank" cadets of C/Capt. and above.

Also, I found my wing is at 8.7% of cadet officers of any officer grade.

Those are out of 252 total cadets.

The wing is small overall and we have lost some cadets as of late.

Now, what I am wondering is, how does that compare to the rest of the wings? If those of you that have wing wide search ability would care to, I would love to compare wing numbers and see how my wing is doing compared to others. Thanks!
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

ßτε

This is not wing-wide, but a group with 242 cadets.

4.5% C/Capt and above

10.7% C/2d Lt and above

Noble Six

Cadets in your Wing: 1687
Seniors in your Wing: 1762

How do you get the percentages for cadet officers
United States Marine Corps Retired
Earhart#13897

NCRblues

Quote from: Noble Six on October 05, 2011, 03:19:19 PM
Cadets in your Wing: 1687
Seniors in your Wing: 1762

How do you get the percentages for cadet officers

If you have wing wide search capabilities under the restricted member search application, you can pull up each unit's cadets and count the number of cadet officers, from that it is basic math.
In god we trust, all others we run through NCIC

a2capt

LOL, that might work in a small wing like you counted. OTOH.. with about 90 units, according to eServices: Cadets in your Wing: 1611 & Seniors in your Wing: 1971 .. I'm not doing that :)

But a CAPWATCH download and some quick CSV voodoo with Excel and you could get the same information...

Short Field

Or just download the capwatch data for the wing/region, load it into a spreadsheet, sort by grade, check the start row and end row for each grade and do some basic math.   
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

a2capt

If it gives you capwatch data outside of your scope. I don't know. I have not touched capwatch since just before the MIMS era.