probably beating a dead horse here...

Started by Lt Buzzbear, October 04, 2011, 07:10:40 AM

Lt Buzzbear

hello everyone,
i have 3 (relatively) quick questions...
1) is the white shirt/blue trouser with blue jacket still authorized or has it been outed at nat'l boards??   

and

2) we have received a quantity of lightweight AF blue jackets...unfortunately they have the air force logo embroidred on them, so is it authorized to place the squadron patch over the air force logo?

and last...

3) we have also received some of the AF PT running suits...again they have the AF logo's on them, and the same question regarding SQDN patches is what i am wondering?

thanks all

spacecommand

1) The phase out date for the CSU is January 1, 2012.
http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/2010_02_16_CAP_uniforms_EA51A6906B737.pdf

2) To my knowledge no, the only authorized version we wear is the plain one with only grade insignia. 

3) I'm going to say this is ok, or just leave the AF logo on them.  Some people might be picky about it, but I don't think there is a need spend extra money on patches then to put unit patches on PT gear, unless your unit can afford to do so.

"No standard uniform is required for physical fitness training, but a CAP unit might help provide a standard PT uniform if funds permit".

"Your cadets may train and test in appropriate attire, such as shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers. Cadets do not have to exercise in a CAP uniform. Still, commanders should not require cadets to purchase special physical fitness gear simply to participate in the program."

JC004

I've known Air Force people to wear their lightweight blue jacket in CAP with the logo.  Whether CAP has addressed this with the Air Force...probably not, but there's no way attaching a squadron patch to this would be acceptable modification.