Main Menu

Membership acceptance

Started by Mariner, October 01, 2011, 09:12:30 PM

Mariner

O.K. I filled out the application, got finger printed and met with the squadron commander and he signed and took the application and check. So, how long does it take for the application to be accepted once headquarters gets it. Also will I be notified by e-mail, snail mail, carrier pigeon or some other means.  The 2Lt in our squadron had indicated that he would probably know before I do when my membership is accepted. And as I will be on the cargo ship that is probably true.

Karl.

RiverAux

It depends (I know, very helpful answer)....Probably a month or so. 

vento

The new member package will arrive by snail mail. Your 2d Lt will probably see you pop up in eService before you see your package.

Spaceman3750

Right now they're processing SMs pretty quickly. I would say it will be a few days between NHQ receipt and having an ID number. You won't be in "A" status until you clear the FBI background check, which can take much longer.

MSG Mac

Have your Commander or Personnel Officer check in E services under new members report. They should then be able to give you your CAP ID number. Once you have it you can then enter E services and start your Level I training.
Michael P. McEleney
Lt Col CAP
MSG USA (Retired)
50 Year Member

a2capt

We've mailed them on Friday and had people show up on the roster as early is mid Tuesday, just in time for the next meeting. But I'd say 4-8 days if it's all good. That does not include the background check time, thats longer.  But the unit staff will see you on eServices before you get anything in the mail.