cap235629

Is CAP authorized for GSA pricing?

How do you go about requesting it?

Does CAP have an agency identifier?
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

lordmonar

If the vendor wants to extend GSA pricing to CAP that is up to the vendor.

All you have to do is call and ask.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

davidsinn

Quote from: cap235629 on September 19, 2011, 08:19:01 PM
Is CAP authorized for GSA pricing?

How do you go about requesting it?

Does CAP have an agency identifier?

Officemax has a card we can get. However I've found out that the GSA price is frequently higher than the regular price.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

EMT-83

Looking for an $1,800 toilet seat?

cap235629

I was looking at Gall's GSA pricing and it averaged a 25% discount
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

Mark_Wheeler

According to GSA Order ADM 4800.2G, Appendix B "Other Eligible Users" we're listed as eligible to use GSA Sources and Services. Appendix B includes such groups as the Red Cross, AAFES, US Senate and House of Representatives. I have no idea who this applies to etc, but that's what their reg says.

Mark

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

RiverAux

Is that talking about buying materials for CAP as an organization (such as the GSA buys for the government) or allowing individual CAP members to buy stuff at GSA prices (which I'm pretty sure that government employees don't get to do just because there is a GSA price)?

cap235629

Quote from: RiverAux on September 20, 2011, 01:52:04 AM
Is that talking about buying materials for CAP as an organization (such as the GSA buys for the government) or allowing individual CAP members to buy stuff at GSA prices (which I'm pretty sure that government employees don't get to do just because there is a GSA price)?

My question was directed at ordering for the unit.
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP

JC004

Quote from: cap235629 on September 20, 2011, 01:56:01 AM
Quote from: RiverAux on September 20, 2011, 01:52:04 AM

My question was directed at ordering for the unit.

Would it cause a problem with ordering a bunch of things for a unit and getting reimbursed?  Please let us know your experience with this if you are going to try it out.  We just ordered stuff from Galls.  It may be helpful to get a discount like that if we order more.