Transfer issue with eServices

Started by SARDOC, September 17, 2011, 03:39:31 AM

SARDOC

I've had members transfer out of my unit recently and when the transfer is initiated in eServices by the receiving unit they just disappear from the losing unit without so much as an email generated to even notify the commander so they can exercise their right to deny the transfer.  Most have transferred because their job has moved them elsewhere...but in one instance we have someone who was new and instantly became disgruntled decided to transfer out without mentioning it to anyone...we have her record but don't have anywhere to send it.  Does anyone else see this as a problem?

Short Field

The unit commander can see the transfers in the membership/transfer/transfer search page and has 60 days to stop the transfer.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

^ Correct.

Also, if you have the person's records, just look them up via CAPID to see where they went.

"That Others May Zoom"

ßτε

The info is also available in the Transfer Approval Module in Commander's Corner.

a2capt

..and I will tell you from first hand experience, the way it's *supposed* to work is the loosing unit has to push the button to release 'em.

OR.. a higher echelon can do it, too. So perhaps you have someone at a Group (if you have groups) in the wing, or Wing itself doing it 'for you'.

They really shouldn't be, but .. CAP means Children And Politics..

Spaceman3750

Quote from: a2capt on September 17, 2011, 07:15:42 AM
..and I will tell you from first hand experience, the way it's *supposed* to work is the loosing unit has to push the button to release 'em.

OR.. a higher echelon can do it, too. So perhaps you have someone at a Group (if you have groups) in the wing, or Wing itself doing it 'for you'.

They really shouldn't be, but .. CAP means Children And Politics..

But that's not consistent with regs. Regs state that the member is considered transferred unless the losing commander objects, in which case they go back to their original squadron.

Otherwise, the way I interpret it, when the gaining commander moves you, you should go instantly, with the losing CC going in and objecting to bring you back.

a2capt

Except the way the objection is handled is the loosing unit has to approve or deny it in X amount of time, or it becomes so.

Otherwise you would have people transferring to avoid discipline, units filching bodies out of other units in the thick of night ..  etc.

.... which appears to be the case now; as we had quite a bit of 'transfer' issues with cadets and politics about the May/June timeframe, and now with the 3-August, 2011 39-2 update it has changed the procedure a bit.

The gaining unit initiates the transfer, similar to Cadet Promotions, and OpsQuals stuff, entering it, then approving it, and when it's approved the member does automatically move to the new unit, and the loosing unit can reject that within 60 days or it stands. That is available in the Commanders Corner.

In which case, I gather this is why you don't get the messages, they figure you'll notice a drop in the membership number, or you knew about it already, or.. whatever, and you'll look in Commanders Corner for the report on it.

But prior to this change, you would get notices that say a transfer request has been made, you need to approve or deny it, or within 60 days it's automatically approved.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R039_002_A74FDA9552C2D.pdf, Page 5. It's all gray text. All new.. Kinda makes the wheels turn a bit smoother I guess. We'll see if it stays that way.

Grumpy

Quote from: a2capt on September 17, 2011, 07:42:57 AM
Except the way the objection is handled is the loosing unit has to approve or deny it in X amount of time, or it becomes so.

Otherwise you would have people transferring to avoid discipline, units filching bodies out of other units in the thick of night ..  etc.

.... which appears to be the case now; as we had quite a bit of 'transfer' issues with cadets and politics about the May/June timeframe, and now with the 3-August, 2011 39-2 update it has changed the procedure a bit.

The gaining unit initiates the transfer, similar to Cadet Promotions, and OpsQuals stuff, entering it, then approving it, and when it's approved the member does automatically move to the new unit, and the loosing unit can reject that within 60 days or it stands. That is available in the Commanders Corner.

In which case, I gather this is why you don't get the messages, they figure you'll notice a drop in the membership number, or you knew about it already, or.. whatever, and you'll look in Commanders Corner for the report on it.

But prior to this change, you would get notices that say a transfer request has been made, you need to approve or deny it, or within 60 days it's automatically approved.

http://www.capmembers.com/media/cms/R039_002_A74FDA9552C2D.pdf, Page 5. It's all gray text. All new.. Kinda makes the wheels turn a bit smoother I guess. We'll see if it stays that way.

I won't even go there Tony and you KNOW what I mean.

JC004

I feel like e-Services should have a nice e-mail preferences section.

They've done some really great things with e-Services.  It is my hope that they'll do surveys and studies, then make adjustments to make it easier, more useful, more functional, and a better experience.

exFlight Officer

Quote from: JC004 on September 18, 2011, 01:32:38 PM

They've done some really great things with e-Services.  It is my hope that they'll do surveys and studies, then make adjustments to make it easier, more useful, more functional, and a better experience.

:D   :clap: :clap:   :D

+ 1

Extremepredjudice

Quote from: Flight Officer on September 18, 2011, 08:14:26 PM
Quote from: JC004 on September 18, 2011, 01:32:38 PM

:D   :clap: :clap:   :D

+ 1
+1 =D  :clap: :clap: :clap:
I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"