IS-75 Military Resources in Emergency Management

Started by arajca, September 12, 2011, 04:03:10 PM

arajca

I just finished this course. Found it while seeing what is new on the EMI course list.

CAP is covered along with the USCGA and MARS under the "Military Auxilaries" section. There is also a picture, slightly out of focus and mirrored of a (former)CAP member at a disaster scene in unit 3. He was from my unit at a tornado a couple years ago.

RiverAux

Thats nice. IIRC they also included CAP in the SAR fam course. 

Woodsy

Slightly off topic, sorry, but when we take these "non-required" ICS courses, should we print a certificate and give it to our personnel officer for a file?  Can it be uploaded to Ops Quals?  I know there is an actual spot for ICS 100, 200, 300, 400, 700 and 800, so just wondering if these "extra" classes such as the one mentioned in this thread should be reflected on our CAP record somehow or if we just keep it to ourselves that we've done them.

cap235629

our CAPRAP told us during our preparation period for our SUI NOT to have them in our files.  His response was "If the regs do not require it, don't have it in the file"

YMMV
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

RiverAux

Realistically, if CAP doesn't care about it, it probably should be kept out of the file just to keep things somewhat neat and orderly.  Maybe if some courses like this are being cited as justification for an award of some kind you'd want to have them attached to the recommendation, but thats about it.

EMT-83

Why would a CAPRAP be looking in your files? None of his business.

Woodsy

I can understand that.  If every non CAP training thing we do was in a CAP record, likely a lot of us would have a folder that would need a few people to move.

However, for some of the major courses that are directly relevant to CAP duties, such as the PIO classroom course for example, I would think that would need to be included. 

cap235629

they come in and do a "pre sui" inspection to help prepare for the SUI
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

EMT-83

We get a visit about every two years. There's a compliance checklist that that we go through, but it's not related to the SUI.

BillB

You can get a Transcript from FEMA listing all courses completed and stick that into your file. No cost for the transcript and it can be ordered online.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

dogboy

Quote from: Woodsy on September 12, 2011, 10:49:05 PM
Slightly off topic, sorry, but when we take these "non-required" ICS courses, should we print a certificate and give it to our personnel officer for a file?

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion even if it's based upon nothing.

I asked the CAP Knowwledgebase and got this reply:

[The diploma and similar training may be included personnel records. The CAP Membership regulation says any additional information pertaining to the member's service and performance should also be made a part of the personnel records.

Citing CAPR 39-2

1-7. Active Records. .... Any additional information pertaining to the member's service and performance should also be made a part of the personnel records.