Navy Working Uniform Type II/III

Started by MIKE, September 02, 2011, 06:44:13 PM

MIKE

From a2capt's post in the Collar Stays thread. (Don't ask me what the NWU II/III has to do with collar stays.):

Quote from: Navy News ServiceIncluded in this update is an authorization for the U.S. Coast Guard to wear the Type III uniform, as well as an authorization for them to wear the Type II when directly supporting NSW units requiring a desert tactical uniform.

Naval Facilities Engineering Command has posted Type II and III user guides with photos and information on ordering the uniforms at www.navfac.navy.mil/nwu.

For the complete uniform wear policy, list of components and the rollout schedule, read NAVADMIN 259/11 at www.npc.navy.mil.

I used Internet Exploiter to bypass the certificate errors.

So PATFORSWA gets no love?  On the NAVFAC site it says "The Desert Camouflage Uniform is scheduled to be phased out by June 2012. The Desert Camouflage Uniform will be replaced by the NWU Type III."  Interesting that they intend to replace the DCU with what I would term a woodland pattern for those not attached to NSWC.

I can see why Coast Guard Deployable Specialized Forces are going to dig this uniform.  As an Auxiliarist I doubt I will have an opportunity to wear the uniform, but part of me wishes they would replace the ODU with this uniform, or at least add in some of the features:

• Sleeve pockets - A nice place for my phone.  Easier to get to than trouser pockets.  Velcro on the pocket flaps also nice for temporary patches and glint tape.
  • 8-point utility cover - After wearing the ballcap with metal insignia, I miss my BDU cap with cloth rank.
  • Rank tab - May not seem like much, but for Auxiliarists who may change insignia more often, or need to change between "officer" and member insignia when working with the CG.
Mike Johnston

a2capt

'cause someone started the drift towards different types of uniforms for different purposes and then that brought up the Navy having many more combinations ... and the news article, added three more until the sunset dates for what they replace...

Persona non grata

CAP need red and gray digital BDU's with the triangle thingy incorporated into the digital patten.
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

Ford73Diesel

I'm sure it will be a while before the most of the coast guard "DSF" (A term which we all laugh at) gets this uniform. At my unit (PSU), we have plenty of DCU's and gore-tex that are brand new waiting to be issued. We even still have woodlands, which I have never worn, but have three sets in my closet.......