Emergency services patch

Started by cadetesman, August 17, 2011, 07:09:35 PM

cadetesman

I'm in kind of a weird situation regarding the ES BDU patch, I just got qualified in UDF, and I'm wondering if I'm allowed to wear the patch with just UDF and GES. I talked to my SC about this, and he says he needs to look it up. The thing is, is that there are cadets in my unit who wear the patch and also have only UDF, and even one cadet who is only a UDF trainee. I am fully qualified, so shouldn't I be able to wear it?

MIKE

Quote from: CAPR 35-63. Requirements for Award of the CAP Emergency Services Patch. Current and qualified in accordance with CAPR 60-3, CAP Emergency Services Training and Operational Missions as a general emergency services member with one additional specialty qualification.

UDF satisfies this requirement.
Mike Johnston

cadetesman

How can I inform this to my commander, I put in for the patch on eservices, and he said he has to look into it. On everything else, he was very quick, but on this, I don't know. How can I tell him without being disrespectful Sir

lordmonar

Quote from: cadetesman on August 17, 2011, 07:17:11 PM
How can I inform this to my commander, I put in for the patch on eservices, and he said he has to look into it. On everything else, he was very quick, but on this, I don't know. How can I tell him without being disrespectful Sir

The CAPR has already been cited.  Just show him the reg.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

cadetesman

JC004

A kitten dies every time someone sews on this patch.

cadetesman

I know alot of people don't like the patch, but I'm going to wear it proudly, because I EARNED it with a lot of hard work, and hopefully the patch will motivate others to get into ES...and besides I'm getting the airplane one, not the cartoon dog.

a2capt

Quote from: JC004 on August 17, 2011, 08:14:44 PMA kitten dies every time someone sews on this patch.
Made me think of Lemon Demon.. ;)

DakRadz

Alright, in your Ops Quals on eServices it will say if you can wear the patch.

Mine shows approval from the GAWG ES Director.

SARDOC

Quote from: JC004 on August 17, 2011, 08:14:44 PM
A kitten dies every time someone sews on this patch.

I have to admit....that there is down right funny.

JC004

Oh, you CAN wear it.  You are welcome to.

Just take a moment to remember the kitten's adorable but short life.  It's only right.

SJFedor

Quote from: cadetesman on August 17, 2011, 08:16:48 PM
I know alot of people don't like the patch, but I'm going to wear it proudly, because I EARNED it with a lot of hard work, and hopefully the patch will motivate others to get into ES...and besides I'm getting the airplane one, not the cartoon dog.

Let's not go too far overboard with the whole "hard work" thing here...

Steven Fedor, NREMT-P
Master Ambulance Driver
Former Capt, MP, MCPE, MO, MS, GTL, and various other 3-and-4 letter combinations
NESA MAS Instructor, 2008-2010 (#479)

wuzafuzz

Quote from: DakRadz on August 18, 2011, 04:04:43 AM

How about that...I never looked in ES Awards section.  Funny how some things get overlooked.  Even as a MS, MO, MRO, CUL, MSA, UDF, GTM3, and GES, I had not been awarded the ES Patch in eServices.  Although I have absolutely no plans to wear that patch I was surprised the award wasn't automatic after all those ratings.  As a shiny new MO (SQTR completed anyway) for 2 days now I did check the box to request the CAP Observer Rating.

So now I'll ask a related question.  Are the various Emergency Services qualification badges under ES Awards the same as the ES specialty track badges.  I'm not in that track, just curious.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

jeders

Quote from: wuzafuzz on August 18, 2011, 11:37:40 AM
Quote from: DakRadz on August 18, 2011, 04:04:43 AM

How about that...I never looked in ES Awards section.  Funny how some things get overlooked.  Even as a MS, MO, MRO, CUL, MSA, UDF, GTM3, and GES, I had not been awarded the ES Patch in eServices.  Although I have absolutely no plans to wear that patch I was surprised the award wasn't automatic after all those ratings.  As a shiny new MO (SQTR completed anyway) for 2 days now I did check the box to request the CAP Observer Rating.

So now I'll ask a related question.  Are the various Emergency Services qualification badges under ES Awards the same as the ES specialty track badges.  I'm not in that track, just curious.

The regs say it is supposed to be automatic, but once again the regs and reality aren't walking in step.

Yes, the ES badges are for the specialty track.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse