Main Menu

Orlando Cadet Squadrons

Started by elipod, August 10, 2011, 02:15:24 PM

elipod

I have a quick question for those in the Orlando area, or even just Florida. What squadrons around group 4 are the most active and have the most cadets? I am looking to transfer from Pennsylvania wing (because i'm moving), and am currently "squadron shopping". I know that Group 4 has 12 units.
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

HGjunkie

I can't speak for group 4, but there are several Cadet Squadrons in the Tampa area (Group 3) that are high in Cadet numbers, specifically-
North Tampa Lutz Cadet Squadron
Wesley Chapel Cadet Squadron

And then there are several lesser-known squadrons that have around 10-20 cadets on the rolls, including-
Macdill Cadet Squadron
St. Petersburg Cadet Squadron
Oakhurst Cadet Squadron

And here's the Group 3 Website.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

elipod

HGjunkie,

Thank you for replying with that very useful post :) I'm looking forward to transferring states. Its an adventure! haha
"Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else"

Earhart1971

Group 4 has several good Squadrons.

I think the next Squadron of the Year (for Group 4) will be Seminole Composite Squadron which meets at Sanford Airport 14 miles north of Orlando. They meet on Tuesday Night at 6:30pm at Starport FBO. Their meeting place is great, great Senior Staff, and the Cadet Program is buttet proof. They have several Cadet Officers and high ranking NCOs.

And no I am not a member of their Squadron, but I was a Cadet there in 1971!

Also, Central Florida Composite Squadron is located on Orlando Executive Airport in their own building and they also have a great program with experienced Cadets and Seniors.

You could not go wrong with either unit. Both Commanders are very very good people.

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Earhart1971

Bullet Proof, LOL! Hey, Alzheimers is a terrible thing!