wearing uniforms to school for recruiting

Started by lycan1138, July 24, 2011, 05:52:19 AM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: Briski on August 19, 2011, 04:29:00 AM
I've heard the "with your squadron commander's approval" response pretty much ever since I joined CAP. However, I recently tried looking it up, and I couldn't find any regulatory precedent for it.

Does anyone have a reg cite to verify that authorizing members to wear their CAP uniforms to school is within the squadron commander's authority?

Thanks,

I think it's more of a "heads up" than anything specific regarding wear outside of CAP activities.

Fubar

I think it might be a gray area (surprising, I know). You can wear a CAP uniform to "CAP activities" and if your CC declares wearing a uniform to school a CAP activity, I suspect you're good to go. Since there is no official definition to what a CAP activity is, it becomes the CC's responsibility to make those calls.

When in doubt, what the boss says goes.  ;)

Eclipse

Quote from: Briski on August 19, 2011, 04:29:00 AMDoes anyone have a reg cite to verify that authorizing members to wear their CAP uniforms to school is within the squadron commander's authority?

You squadron or echelon commander is directly responsible for everything you do in CAP, and is the person who authorizes all of your participation in everything, either overtly, or through omission.

Absent a higher authority, he is the person who defines what a CAP activity "is" for his members, and whether and who can participate.

"That Others May Zoom"

Briski

So, to summarize the general consensus:

• There is no regulatory precedent specifically giving commanders the authority to authorize members of their units to wear CAP uniforms to school or other similar activities;
  • However, commanders can basically say, "Hey, you three cadets attend the same school, right? Why don't you wear your uniforms to school on Thursday as part of a recruiting drive?";
  • A recruiting drive would be an official CAP activity, and this is certainly within the authority of a commander.

This makes complete sense to me, even if the specific term "recruiting drive" isn't used.

Am I missing anything in this summary explanation?

Thanks,
JACKIE M. BRISKI, Capt, CAP
VAWG Cadet Programs Team

...not all those who wander are lost...

Extremepredjudice

I think he could definitly allow his cadets to wear their uniforms. You need to be careful that they don't disrepect the uniform, or act inappropriately.

The op could get the greenlight from the principles, Then make it a reward to be allowed to wear your uniforms... Stuff like passing milestones, getting perfect on inspection... Stuff like that.

Or people you know that would act appropriately you allow to wear their uniforns...

I love the moderators here. <3

Hanlon's Razor
Occam's Razor
"Flight make chant; I good leader"