Cadet "Personal" progress chart.

Started by James Shaw, July 13, 2011, 04:33:08 PM

James Shaw

I created a cadet progress chart several years ago. I had forgotten about it until recently. I have attached the file in a PDF format. It is formatted for 11 x 17 paper and can be cut to 11 x 14. It has been made to be framed or matted (if you desire) at your own expense of course. Please feel free to download for your squadron members.

Please let me know what you think about the chart. Tks
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

jeders

I especially like the ghosted text of the cadet oath in the background. I don't suppose you have/could do one without the Feik Award, I'd like to have something like this with me cadet shadow box.
If you are confident in you abilities and experience, whether someone else is impressed is irrelevant. - Eclipse

JC004

This would be a nice thing to have on the online resource depository that Col Weiss has planned to have implemented if he is elected National Commander (description near the top here: http://www.ourcap.org/questions-answers).  I'm excited about this thing because I designed and developed a depository for encampments once and it never got used.  I'm hoping that I'll get to help with it (or at least provide some of the user experience input and all).

I see a lot of potential for a dedicated archiving and downloads site like in the description - and I think stuff like this would be fantastic on there.  I think it'd beef up the existing CP best practices stuff and hopefully do the same for the rest.  It'd be nice if we had things like this in both a "print and use" kind of format and an editable format for units that want to customize.  That's how I see it, anyway.

DakRadz

*Yoink*

From a cadet perspective, I like it. I'll be seeing about getting these to all my cadets and myself. This is a great thing to send home and have parents put on the wall- even if a squadron presents a certificate with every rank (as mine did, which was really nice) that's a LOT of wall space. This is something that can be front and center and show them the top they should be reaching for, and updated as needed.

Plenty of other ideas- this is really versatile. I like it, sir. Great way to come back to CT ^_^

davidsinn

Quote from: caphistorian on July 13, 2011, 04:33:08 PM
I created a cadet progress chart several years ago. I had forgotten about it until recently. I have attached the file in a PDF format. It is formatted for 11 x 17 paper and can be cut to 11 x 14. It has been made to be framed or matted (if you desire) at your own expense of course. Please feel free to download for your squadron members.

Please let me know what you think about the chart. Tks

I like it. You need to remove the first sergeant diamond references though because they are no longer authorized.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

titanII

Quote from: davidsinn on July 14, 2011, 01:42:52 AM
I like it. You need to remove the first sergeant diamond references though because they are no longer authorized.
Could you point out what you are referring to? I didn't see anything about first sergeant, etc. on it. Probably just me being my blind self  ;) ;D.
No longer active on CAP talk

davidsinn

Quote from: titanII on July 14, 2011, 01:57:01 AM
Could you point out what you are referring to? I didn't see anything about first sergeant, etc. on it. Probably just me being my blind self  ;) ;D .

Under each SNCO insignia they are mentioned.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

titanII

Quote from: davidsinn on July 14, 2011, 02:43:15 AM
Quote from: titanII on July 14, 2011, 01:57:01 AM
Could you point out what you are referring to? I didn't see anything about first sergeant, etc. on it. Probably just me being my blind self  ;) ;D .

Under each SNCO insignia they are mentioned.
Oh wow. I can't believe I missed that  :D
No longer active on CAP talk

James Shaw

I have taken the First Sergeant reference off of the chart.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

davidsinn

Quote from: caphistorian on July 17, 2011, 04:11:52 PM
I have taken the First Sergeant reference off of the chart.

Awesome. That has been added to my files.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Eclipse

This is very nice. I'd like to see some of the noise cleaned up around the images, and a senior-member version would be cool as well.

Fill-able fields in the date and number boxes would be a nice feature as well, so the font matches the rest of the doc.

"That Others May Zoom"