Problem solver to complaints about uniform style

Started by SouthernSAR, June 25, 2011, 08:09:55 PM

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: cap235629 on June 27, 2011, 03:49:01 AM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 27, 2011, 03:28:07 AM
Oy,

What I was trying to say, is that Green and woods don't match in the sense of being distinct enough. That is...it matches the woods, doesn't really match GT needs.

But camouflage does? you lost me...................

It does NOT.

SO if we were to move away from the AF uniform, and adopt one of our own, we could pick a color that works better in the field. (Since making a field uniform is going to raise cost concerns).

manfredvonrichthofen

Why would you keep the woodland pattern and switch to an ACU layout when the ACU has nothing to do with the Air Force besides in exceptions during deployments? If we were to do what you are talking about doing with the ABU, we would be back to square one, BDUs. The ABU is just a new pattern on a new fabric in the same cut as BDUs.

Besides, lets just be glad we have the privilege to wear an Air Force styled uniform. I will be upset and saddened if a day were to come that we were to loose the respect of the Air Force enough to loose the uniforms. Enjoy what you wear when you are doing your duty whatever it is you wear, and let those who wear a different uniform wear it with pride. I love my uniform, and I love my job, and I love doing my job in my uniform.
You do the same please.

AngelWings

It isn't a dang ACU, it is a CCU. The only real difference between it and the ACU is that it has sideways tops pockets, but they are not slanted. The AFSOC has used them extensively before, and I'm sure there are also other commands that have used them before. It isn't adventuring out of the AF uniform family, it is just entering the updated version of it. So stop saying it is an ACU, because it isn't, it is a DOD wide uniform that the USAF has used before (and does charter some attraction for its over all practicality and difference in cut.)
Now would I personally want to switch to it. Heck no. It isn't a professional uniform aesthetically. It was designed by the USSOCOM personell to fit their needs. It wouldn't fit our needs. We'd have to design our own uniform to have practicality for our operations rather than use someone elses uniform that is designed to fit their operations. But that isn't going to happen.
We really just need to survive with what we got and move on to our gear. Yes, I know it sounds blunt, but what can we do, espically when the higher ups can not physically provide us with what we want for great reasons (no sarcasm intended). Our gear should be able to make up for any impracticalities we might face. Who cares about the color, this isn't a beauty pagent, it is ES. If it was a beauty pagent, then some of us would have pink roughout desert boots with pink camouflage and a hello kitty hat, while others would be dressed in full battle rattle.
Lastly, I doubt anyone physically cares if we are in camo or not. If they seriously do, then tell them that they need to contribute to a new uniform fund because not everyone in the organization can afford to puchase a new uniform, espically with the economy being has bad has it is. People love to gripe and complain when they are bored or are not doing anything, but when it comes down to it, and we are all in an area searching for a crashed plane or a missing person, it doesn't matter. We all should have reflective vest on and be visible. None of us are trying to hide from anyone, so it doesn't matter. We are distinctive, since who else has full color patches on a subdued uniform?

AngelWings

I'm sorry, I also forgot the TRU is an ACU precursor uniform that is exatly the same, while the CCU isn't.

Hawk200

Quote from: Littleguy on June 29, 2011, 03:03:51 PM
I'm sorry, I also forgot the TRU is an ACU precursor uniform that is exatly the same, while the CCU isn't.
Actually, the TRU is just an ACU in other colors. It doesn't predate the ACU, it came out after.

The Close Combat uniform was the precursor to the ACU. The CCU was the test uniform that evolved into the ACU.

AngelWings

Quote from: Hawk200 on June 29, 2011, 07:03:35 PM
Quote from: Littleguy on June 29, 2011, 03:03:51 PM
Actually, the TRU is just an ACU in other colors. It doesn't predate the ACU, it came out after.

The Close Combat uniform was the precursor to the ACU. The CCU was the test uniform that evolved into the ACU.
learned something new.