Problem solver to complaints about uniform style

Started by SouthernSAR, June 25, 2011, 08:09:55 PM

SouthernSAR

Ok, I think I have come up with an alternative to everyone arguing about which uniform we should change to, when our uniform changes. I say, forget changing the camo pattern, let's just change the layout! We can switch to the ACU layout, there is already a company that makes woodland camo uniforms in the ACU layout, so that's taken care of. We can keep all the same patches and colors and all that, and we can even still keep our grade on our collar. Problem solved. Lol, anyways, I've mocked up what this would look like. Of course, for uniform wear we would wear the collar folded down like we do now.

SouthernSAR

Shoot, my picture doesn't show up... Anyone wanna tell me how to make it show up?

JC004

Yeah....You have it linking to your computer.  "//C:\Users\..."

You have to upload it.  Easiest thing is to upload it here, probably.

SouthernSAR

RiverAux

If we would be keeping the same camouflage pattern what good would changing the rest of the uniform do?  Might as well stay the same if that is the alternative.

JC004

Under "Attachments and other options" when you post.  I think you can do it.  Maybe not.  There is also stuff like photobucket.

AlphaSigOU

IIRC, you have to reach a certain posting level (100 posts or more) to post attachments in CAPTalk.
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

JC004

That is what I was thinking but I wasn't sure if it applies to all file types or what.

GroundHawg

Im getting close to be allowed to post photos

Nilsog

Upload to photobucket, copy [IMG] code, paste it here.

Not that it will get a warm reception, as stated- why change it out for the ACU top and keep the woodland pattern? If we were going to switch I'd rather go to (correct me if I'm wrong) Stonewall's OD uniform.
Kenneth Goslin
1st Lt., CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Stonewall's OD uniform DID look good, and was a good "throwback", but would be quite out of place. It would neither be inline with AF uniforms, nor useful for GT Work in the woods.

GroundHawg

I hate to flame anyones ego, but I really liked Stonewalls OD design. I think the TruSpec TRU in OD would be sharp! Or even go with the truspec long sleeve "tactical" shirt. It would keep the current collar and chest pockets and ditch the lower pockets, a clean distinctively CAP uniform.

BGNightfall

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 26, 2011, 07:08:08 PM
Stonewall's OD uniform DID look good, and was a good "throwback", but would be quite out of place. It would neither be inline with AF uniforms, nor useful for GT Work in the woods.

Not to fan a flame war, but why not?  It seems equally applicable to GT operations as our current array of field uniform options.  Of course, it would be subject to the same issues that the Army Team (Reserves, NG, other branch's members supporting Army operations) with the velcro wearing out but the solid color may actually be a benefit to our GT ops since it doesn't carry the connotations that camouflage uniforms.  Plus wearing OD with ANSI II vests looks slightly less ridiculous than wearing BDUs with it in my opinion.

My larger concern is that replacing a uniform with a "dwindling supply" with a uniform that only has a single supplier (thus a single point of failure) seems to be an exercise in futility.

Майор Хаткевич

My point is that BDUs for GT is weird, but we wear it because of the AF link.

If there is no AF link, we could go for a distinctive color, but Green and Woods typically don't match.

And no, I don't have an idea of a color that would work well.

JC004

cap235629

Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé

JC004

Quote from: cap235629 on June 27, 2011, 02:48:08 AM
Quote from: JC004 on June 27, 2011, 02:15:02 AM
Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 27, 2011, 02:03:25 AM
Green and Woods typically don't match.

[citation needed]

Yeah all the foliage is orange and pink here

MCoC violation!  You said Arkansas!  That can only be New Jersey!   >:D

caphornbuckle

Seems to me like the problem solver to complaints about the uniforms has caused more complaints about the uniforms!

Only on CAP Talk! ;D
Lt Col Samuel L. Hornbuckle, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

Oy,

What I was trying to say, is that Green and woods don't match in the sense of being distinct enough. That is...it matches the woods, doesn't really match GT needs.

cap235629

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on June 27, 2011, 03:28:07 AM
Oy,

What I was trying to say, is that Green and woods don't match in the sense of being distinct enough. That is...it matches the woods, doesn't really match GT needs.

But camouflage does? you lost me...................
Bill Hobbs, Major, CAP
Arkansas Certified Emergency Manager
Tabhair 'om póg, is Éireannach mé