Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
February 16, 2019, 06:20:51 PM
Home Help Login Register
News:

CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: One Six Right: The Romance of Flying - A Must See For ALL members!
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: One Six Right: The Romance of Flying - A Must See For ALL members!  (Read 1829 times)
A.Member
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« on: January 02, 2007, 06:38:23 PM »

If you haven't seen this film, you must.  Truly fantastic and beautifully shot.  The program emphasizes the importance of promoting aviation and preserving our airports.  It shows why the AE program is so important.  It makes a great showing for senior members as well as cadets.

The film has been played recently on Discovery HD but is also available here:
One Six Right:  The Romance of Flying

p.s., CAP should really be involved in sponsoring/advertising programs such as this.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return." - Leonardo da Vinci
drcomm
Forum Regular

« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2007, 03:43:41 AM »

I agree!!  I bought the DVD when it was first released.  There is some wonderful aviation photography in this film and great interviews with pilots including Bob Hoover.  It really does a great job of showing the important role general aviation airports have in their communities.
David Romere, Maj, CAP
Starbase Composite Squadron, SWR-OK-151
Oil Well 767
Mitchell Award #2536 (May 1981)
Amateur Radio Call Sign: KA5OWI
MIKE
Super Moderator

Unit: LANTAREA

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 03:52:21 AM »

I think I saw this in the Sporty's catalog a while ago.

A cadet from my unit unit is attending DWC... I think he said he saw it there... He said it was excellent.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 09:08:56 PM by MIKE » Logged
Mike Johnston
NEBoom
Seasoned Member

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 03:22:13 AM »

Their home page:  http://www.onesixright.com/  And yes, they capture the beauty of flight in a very moving way.
Lt Col Dan Kirwan, CAP
Nebraska Wing
fyrfitrmedic
Salty & Seasoned Contributor

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 03:36:01 AM »

Excellent; I have the supplement 'One Six Left' DVD as well.
MAJ Tony Rowley CAP
Lansdowne PA USA
"The passion of rescue reveals the highest dynamic of the human soul." -- Kurt Hahn
Pages: [1] Print 
CAP Talk  |  Operations  |  Aerospace Education  |  Topic: One Six Right: The Romance of Flying - A Must See For ALL members!