EvilBay Flight Suit...Worked Out Great

Started by ProdigalJim, April 22, 2011, 05:01:16 PM

ProdigalJim

Just a formal "thanks" to all the CAPTalkers who have advised over the boards to be patient and wait for flight suits to come up for sale on EvilBay...got a new, never-worn, my size, current-issue, Nomex, sage green, blah, blah, for $60 including shipping. Kewl! Wouldn't have done it if I hadn't seen enough posters here say they had good luck with it. So thanks!
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

ColonelJack

Good onya!  As the Klingons say, "Learn patience and attain permanence."  (I think that is supposed to mean that impatient Klingons get killed quicker than patient ones; I'm not too sure.)

Jack
Jack Bagley, Ed. D.
Lt. Col., CAP (now inactive)
Gill Robb Wilson Award No. 1366, 29 Nov 1991
Admiral, Great Navy of the State of Nebraska
Honorary Admiral, Navy of the Republic of Molossia

BradM

Who here is about 5' 7 1/2" and wears a 42 Short in a sport jacket? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a 42R flight suit or a 42S flight suit. A Vanguard rep said I should buy the 42R, that 42S is for people shorter than me like 5'6". What say you? :) Thanks!
BRAD MELILLO, 1st Lt, CAP
Finance Officer
Asst. Professional Development Officer
Brackett Composite Squadron 64
La Verne, CA

ProdigalJim

Quote from: BradM on April 22, 2011, 05:35:22 PM
A Vanguard rep said I should buy the 42R, that 42S is for people shorter than me like 5'6". What say you? :) Thanks!

As a teenage lad decades ago, I worked in the Men's Department of a large department store, and measured people every day. The Vanguard rep was "sorta" right, in a very general sense, but men vary. Short torso, long torso, etc. I've seen guys who were only short because they had short legs. Their arms were of average length (so a 42S wouldn't have worked even though they were 5'6").

Best thing to do is to have someone measure your arms and your legs to see whether you really do need a 42S. If, in a dress shirt, you wear a 32/33 sleeve and do it comfortably (i.e., you don't have billowing extra material drooping over your wrists) than you're probably not in a Short but a Regular.

On the other hand, if you've worn 42S in other things, you're probably OK with a 42S in a service coat.
Jim Mathews, Lt. Col., CAP
VAWG/CV
My Mitchell Has Four Digits...

vento

Who here is about 5' 7 1/2" and wears a 42 Short in a sport jacket? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a 42R flight suit or a 42S flight suit. A Vanguard rep said I should buy the 42R, that 42S is for people shorter than me like 5'6". What say you? :) Thanks!

I am 5'7 and 42S was too short for me. I wear a 42R and even that is just a perfect fit, no room to grow.
My flightsuit is Propper brand though. Not sure what Vanguard is selling nowadays.

BradM

Yes I wear a 16 1/2" 32/33 dress shirt. I wear a 42S in a sport jacket to have the sleeves a little shorter. I think my torso is a R size. In Dockers I can wear 29" or 30" length.
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA

BradM

Quote from: vento on April 22, 2011, 06:07:34 PM

I am 5'7 and 42S was too short for me. I wear a 42R and even that is just a perfect fit, no room to grow.
My flightsuit is Propper brand though. Not sure what Vanguard is selling nowadays.

It does look like a 42R is what I should get :) Thank you both!
Finance Officer
La Verne, CA