Main Menu

Siiiigh

Started by Flying Pig, April 21, 2011, 12:24:32 AM

Flying Pig

OK, I realize I have dropped my membership with no plans on getting back into CAP anytime soon, for a myriad of reason, but can anyone tell me why someone on Wing staff would think it would be proper to tri-fold my Commanders Commendation Certificate in order to send it to me?

R. Steht
Former Member

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Flying Pig on April 21, 2011, 12:24:32 AM
OK, I realize I have dropped my membership with no plans on getting back into CAP anytime soon, for a myriad of reason, but can anyone tell me why someone on Wing staff would think it would be proper to tri-fold my Commanders Commendation Certificate in order to send it to me?

R. Steht
Former Member
Likely they didn't have a big enough envelope to fit it in so they folded it.   I think oversized envelopes cost more in postage, maybe that was it.
RM   

ol'fido

It was Wing staff. You answered your own question.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006

JC004

maybe they just thought it hilarious? 

HGjunkie

It's a cruel stab at sarcasm maybe?
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

BillB

There is no requirement or CAP Regulation that requires Wing Staff toi have smarts.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

bosshawk

Or care!!!  Or have common sense!!!!  Or have common courtesy!!!!!
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

EMT-83

I know several Wing staff members with those qualities. I'm sure that you do as well.

a2capt

They're just winging it...

Rowan

That was poorly done on Wing's part.  I would send it back and ask them to do it right this time. 

>:(

NIN

These are the same kinds of staffers who can't figure out how to staple things to an email...
Darin Ninness, Col, CAP
Wing Dude, National Bubba
I like to have Difficult Adult Conversations™
The contents of this post are Copyright © 2007-2024 by NIN. All rights are reserved. Specific permission is given to quote this post here on CAP-Talk only.

Grumpy

GroundHawg

I dont even like hand written awards, much less folded up. I would send it back tri-folded in a full size 11x14 envelope. Think they would understand?

bosshawk

Having served in that Wing--------NO!!!!!
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

wuzafuzz

Another former member who was clearly motivated and had his act together.  Sorry to see you go. 

Sending someone an award in that manner seems like a completely brain dead act (hopefully it wasn't and intentional extension of a middle digit).  Awards and recognition are the only "paycheck" most of us ever see, especially if we aren't pilots.  To see them handled poorly is simply pathetic.
"You can't stop the signal, Mal."

RVT

Quote from: wuzafuzz on April 22, 2011, 12:26:28 PM
Another former member who was clearly motivated and had his act together.  Sorry to see you go.  Sending someone an award in that manner seems like a completely brain dead act (hopefully it wasn't and intentional extension of a middle digit).  Awards and recognition are the only "paycheck" most of us ever see, especially if we aren't pilots.  To see them handled poorly is simply pathetic.

Was this OI-24 related by any chance? 

bosshawk

Through a confidential source, I have learned that the Commanders Comm left Wing in the standard 11 x 14 envelope, unfolded.  Apparently, the USPS got ahold of it and , as is often said, the rest is history.  My source tells me that another certificate is being prepared and sent, AGAIN, in the standard 11 x 14 envelope.

Lets hope that the Post Office misses this one and doesn't get a chance to fold it.
Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

Flying Pig

Unfortunately, it wasnt the post office.  The cardboard envelope was fine.  It was tri-folded before it was put in the envelope.  Aat any rate, Thanks for your assistance Paul.

GroundHawg

When I was leaving CAP as a cadet to go active duty, I had 2 commanders commendations and 2 lifesaving certificates mailed to me. They were completely blank. No name. No date. Only a signature at the bottom. Im glad to see things havent changed much... ::)