AFA cadet of the year award

Started by scottgulliksen, April 19, 2011, 04:33:15 AM

scottgulliksen

The AFA cadet of the year award I recently received comes with a medal similar to the ones worn by the marine corps on their dress blues uniform. I searched 39-1 cover to cover and found no mention of this. It mentions the ribbon in the ribbons section, but not the medal. Are cadets allowed to wear the medal? and if so, where?

PA Guy

No, cadets are not authorized to wear the medal only the ribbon.  The medal is for presentation purposes only.

AlphaSigOU

Scott,
Welcome to CAPTalk! (From a former Addison Eagle...)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

Nolan Teel

Scott!!! Good to see yea bud!  Found yea!

Thrashed

I put the metal on the framed certificate from the AFA.  It looks ok. The ribbon went on the cadet's ribbon rack.

Save the triangle thingy

Starlock

While we're on a similar topic, are cadets just globally not permitted to other medals as well such as the VFW NCO/Officer of the year awards, alongside the USAFSA NCO of the year award?

HGjunkie

No VFW or AFA medals either. No dangly coins can hang off the uniform.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Starlock

HGjunkie

••• retired
2d Lt USAF

JC004

Mine is in a drawer and has pretty much been that way since I got it.  I got AFA cadet of the year for the state.  I think it's a silly-looking medal and ribbon anyway.  I never even wore the ribbon as a cadet.  I don't see any reason why you'd want to wear the medal.  It's cheap-looking.