Coins are back at VG

Started by Eclipse, March 04, 2011, 05:28:39 PM

Eclipse

http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15096

For those that need them for various activities and events.
I noticed these the other day.  About $10.00 engraved.

"That Others May Zoom"

vento

This is a nice token of appreciation for the recipient. And TTT is not on it!

James Shaw

Nice looking coin even if I didnt design it.  ;D
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

Pylon

:clap: :clap: :clap: Finally!  A generic all-inclusive "CAP" coin that can be used to recognize members for units and commanders without their own coin.  Something we've been missing since NWT was C&D'ed.

And if I'm not mistaken, those coins look a lot like the NWT mint coins.  In fact the reverse side looks identical to one of their stock dies.  I wonder if this is stock bought out in their settlement. 

Either way, I hope Vanguard continues to expand this line of merchandise.  It fills a needed gap.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP

Spaceman3750

I was just thinking these looked a heck of a lot like NWT...

Any thoughts on giving these to representatives of organizations that support CAP squadrons (for example, small business X or non-profit Y donates some money to the local CAP squadron - now we need to give them something nice to put on their bookshelf)? I think that the wording "In appreciation of excellence" might be a little off for this purpose.

Ned

I just went over to the VG to look at the coin.  Very nice, indeed.

Less than five bucks without engraving.

jimmydeanno

Here's the NWT one.  My wife bought me one a few years back.  The smudges on the back view are from me scribbling out the engraving.

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

A.Member

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I'll echo earlier comments.  These are great coins!  I bought them for squadron awards a couple years ago from NWTM prior to NHQ delivering their C&D. 

Glad to see a new addition to the Vangauard lineup with some real value.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Chappie

Quote from: jimmydeanno on March 04, 2011, 08:04:07 PM
Here's the NWT one.  My wife bought me one a few years back.  The smudges on the back view are from me scribbling out the engraving.

Is it just me or does the VG coin omit the Semper Vigilans wording in the banner found on the front of the coin???
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

A.Member

Quote from: Chappie on March 04, 2011, 08:50:05 PM
Is it just me or does the VG coin omit the Semper Vigilans wording in the banner found on the front of the coin???
It's not just you.   It doesn't appear on the VG image.
"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

ol'fido

I know it looks like the NWTM collectors knife we got a few years back at ILWG Summer Encampment.
Lt. Col. Randy L. Mitchell
Historian, Group 1, IL-006