bcut/acut // icut status

Started by coudano, March 02, 2011, 07:18:56 PM

coudano

anyone know what is the current status of teaching comm using bcut and acut?
is the new icut out?  does it have a projected date?

we have a class coming up, and can't get straight answers on this.
is it a waste to teach bcut/acut this month, will everyone have to turn around and do icut immediately?

can icut be taught in residence/in classroom?

Spaceman3750

I've been hearing "a couple of months" for about the last year now. I'm not sure anyone knows.

Honestly, I'm not looking forward to ICUT unless they make it so it can be taught in the classroom too. Where I'm at, it's way easier to get my people together on a Saturday than it is to get them to take an online class.

Besides that, without the hands-on practice that is usually done in BCUT/ACUT classes radio etiquette will go further down the tubes than it already is.

Eclipse

My understanding is that the lower-level iCuts will be online refreshers for current card holders, but it isn't a "waste" to teach A/B because
there's nothing else to teach right now and nothing in the immediate future on the new stuff.

"That Others May Zoom"

CAPSGT

Hearing "a couple of months" for the last year?  I think I've been hearing "soon" for at least 3 years now
MICHAEL A. CROCKETT, Lt Col, CAP
Assistant Communications Officer, Wicomico Composite Squadron

coudano

allright then we are going to go ahead and teach bcut and acut
thanks yall

SarDragon

We have maintained our once a quarter, at the group level, BCUT/ACUT schedule for about 8 years now, and just finalized the 2011 dates. Keep on keepin' on.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

DKruse

Check with your chain of command.  I just taught a BCUT class and my wing DC gave the guidance to continue with the standard ACUT/BCUT training material.
Dalen Kruse, Capt., CAP
St. Croix Composite Squadron
NCR-MN-122

Ad hadem cum gloria. Faciamus operum.

arajca

At this time, there is no projected release date for I-CUT. The Comm Team stopped trying to guess, since no else is even thinking about it when they give Comm more work.

I would say when Hell freezes over, but we were almost there in Jan. Or so it seemed.