Great General with Great Service

Started by Smithsonia, February 13, 2011, 07:26:48 PM

Smithsonia

This is a wonderful and telling story of those who serve. There are great take-aways from this article.
CLICK HERE: http://www.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/02/13/greene.gracious.gesture/index.html?hpt=C1
With regards;
ED OBRIEN

Major Carrales

Kudos to the General.. However, there is some social commentary to be made here.  Many older people I know state that when they were young, military uniform clad service personal and veterans were a common scene (mostly people from the 1940s and 50s).  However, today we only tend to see military personnel in uniforms in transit at airports and the like when we travel, and they are usually in a "field uniform."

Thus, in the past, people could more easily identify the uniforms based on familiarity...now, lots of things get mistaken for a uniform of military origin. 
"We have been given the power to change CAP, let's keep the momentum going!"

Major Joe Ely "Sparky" Carrales, CAP
Commander
Coastal Bend Cadet Squadron
SWR-TX-454

SARDOC

I wonder if the Company the waiter works for is going to have to change their uniforms because they are not distinctive enough in a low light environment or will they have to enforce height/weight standards for their staff.   >:D

Persona non grata

In Florida a few years back, An elderly women in a shopping plaza was walking to towards the USPS mailbox with mail in her hand.  I was wearing my blues and as I passed her she handed me her mail and ask tha it make it to the PO with todays pick up.  I took the mail from her and dropped it in the box and carried on.    8)
Rock, Flag & Eagle.........

bosshawk

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

The CyBorg is destroyed

Quote from: eaker.cadet on February 13, 2011, 09:43:08 PM
In Florida a few years back, An elderly women in a shopping plaza was walking to towards the USPS mailbox with mail in her hand.  I was wearing my blues and as I passed her she handed me her mail and ask tha it make it to the PO with todays pick up.  I took the mail from her and dropped it in the box and carried on.    8)

I read a similar story in Readers' Digest years ago.

An Air Force Captain was on the campus of West Point.  A cadet passed him and failed to salute.  The Captain stopped the cadet and gave him a thorough chewing.  The cadet said to the Captain, "I'm sorry, sir, I thought you were the mailman!"
Exiled from GLR-MI-011

Ed Bos

Quote from: SARDOC on February 13, 2011, 08:01:20 PM
I wonder if the Company the waiter works for is going to have to change their uniforms because they are not distinctive enough in a low light environment or will they have to enforce height/weight standards for their staff.   >:D

HA!   :clap:
EDWARD A. BOS, Lt Col, CAP
Email: edward.bos(at)orwgcap.org
PCR-OR-001