Improve running

Started by ElectricPenguin, January 26, 2011, 04:34:56 AM

ElectricPenguin

Quote from: tsrup on January 26, 2011, 08:37:33 PM
I like this program a lot.

http://www.c25k.com/

You can start out at a later week in the program if you are already at that level, or if you're struggling you can repeat the week.  Its tailorable to your needs.  And its designed for the person who may or may not have been running much before.

It also works with you depending on what your goals are, wether you want to run faster, or if you want to run longer.

The best part about this program is that it sets quantifiable goals for yourself.

Thank you so much!!! And there's an android app for it!!!

coudano

My meetings are only 2 hours long, and we "waste" 5th tuesdays on "fun night"

We meet all programmatic requirements, including 1 hour after the CPFT on PT night for nutrition briefings and light team sports.

This includes still manual testing, special interest training, aerospace, all those annoying mandatory junk like safety briefings and occasional ES task training.  With all that, we even catch slack spaces that have to be filled with hip pocket training, on occasion.

If you can't do it in 2.5 hours a week, you are either choosing to spend your time the way you spend it.
And/Or you are wasting a lot of time.
But it can be done.

I grumbled as well, at the thought of blowing "a whole night on just PT" but it is clearly the intent of the reg that simply administering the cpft is not enough.  So I begrudgingly complied, and even exceeded the standard by adding the nutrition briefs.  It is doable, and I would even say the squadron is better off now than it was before.

Physical Fitness is one of the core elements of the cadet program for crying out loud.  It deserves more than 1 hour a month of our contact time.  We give it 2 of 8 hours (that's 25%).  PT is 1 of 4 cadet program elements.  (that's 25%) meh.