INteresting turn of events

Started by abdsp51, December 04, 2010, 07:00:14 PM

abdsp51

I noticed the thread about the dogtags has been pulled not even a day after said events. 

MICT1362

That thread was pulled for good reason.  I suggest you leave that one alone.

-Paramedic

abdsp51

Oh I will.  I have never seen a thread though yanked on any other forums I am a member of especially that fast.

MICT1362

There was another one a couple of weeks ago that was pulled 4 posts in. 

-Paramedic

abdsp51

At least the moderators are good here about yanking things.

DakRadz

Not sure if that was a dig at the Mods and Admins or not...

They rarely delete entire threads. Usually it is a lock so that no one can post but everyone can view. These could be reopened if a member sent them a message with reasons why the thread could be beneficial and important.

When they do delete entire threads, it's usually best to not mention it in public... with a thread dedicated to it. PMs are a great way to communicate while not opening up the closet and asking Mom about these weird skeletons.

That said, I'm keeping what I know close to the vest, as it isn't something to just spread to the world.

abdsp51

Rog... was just an observation is all.  And it wasn't a shot at the mods but a kudos for it.  I have seen on other forums nothing gets done when something should. 

Rescue826

yes, it seems that if the Moderators don't like you or your post you disappear!

davidsinn

Quote from: Rescue826 on December 05, 2010, 02:10:47 PM
yes, it seems that if the Moderators don't like you or your post you disappear!

That's really not how it works at all. I saw most of the thread in question. I saw some earlier posts by the offender too. He was a bad apple and TPTB acted properly.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Rescue826

I know several members that posted on this forum, they did nothing wrong or violated any rules, and still got banned!

Makes me wonder if Tony is behind the forum...hahaha

a2capt

Gee, you went from proposing a FLWG mobile command communications vehicle, to troll-like tendencies with the last few posts.

Quote from: DakRadz on December 04, 2010, 07:44:20 PMWhen they do delete entire threads, it's usually best to not mention it in public... with a thread dedicated to it.
Oh? So if someone wants to know something, they have to start sending PM's everywhere?

Suffice to say that when threads are moved, they do get that MOVED: Post left in their place. But when posts and more so, whole threads disappear, if you participated in it, saw it unfold, or the likes- then it's probably pretty obvious the next morning when ... it's gone ...

But if the sudden fork in the road hadn't been come upon since the last time a person saw said thread ... it could be left to their imagination just what went wrong or where it went. :angel:  Databases do screw up, perhaps in that scenario someone asking "Gee, where'd this thread go.." :o  might be a warning to something bigger happening.

I can certainly see when they just nuke a thread, they want to get rid of it. Period. Perhaps however, similar to the MOVED: notice, a 'REMOVED:' notice.

But until it's in the ToS and CTCoE, and whatever else, that "thou shalt not ask.. " even with a notice of removal, people will still ask why.  ...and even then they still will because if everyone read that stuff, there would be no reason to remove threads or posts, would there be? ;)

Thats just the way it us.

Rescue826

Rescue826

i guess I'm a troll then huh?   GET A CLUE!

MORONS! 

Every day I am still a member of this organization I realize more and more how ridiculous and clueless most of its members are! From the Wing Leadership, to the IC's, to the average member!

Go ahead....boot me.   Like you do everyone else who you dont agree with!  Im convinced this forum has become the place for all the idiots to flock to!

C-ya

davidsinn

Quote from: Rescue826 on December 05, 2010, 07:51:38 PM
bite me!
Quote from: Rescue826 on December 05, 2010, 07:54:50 PM
GET A CLUE!

MORONS! 

Every day I am still a member of this organization I realize more and more how ridiculous and clueless most of its members are! From the Wing Leadership, to the IC's, to the average member!

Go ahead....boot me.   Like you do everyone else who you dont agree with!  Im convinced this forum has become the place for all the idiots to flock to!

C-ya
Quote from: Rescue826 on December 05, 2010, 07:54:50 PM
i guess I'm a troll then huh?

Yeah. Absolutely without a doubt. You are a troll now.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Pylon

Ask and you shall receive.  See ya.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP