The 'Volunteer' presented in e-Edition

Started by Lancer, November 13, 2010, 02:20:21 AM

Lancer

I just about fell out of my chair when I had seen this.

The NEW October-December 2010 Volunteer Magazine e-Edition - Powered by http://www.imirus.com
http://cap.imirus.com/Mpowered/imirus.jsp?volume=cap10&issue=1&page=1

All I've got to say is  about time! & :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eclipse

"That Others May Zoom"

peter rabbit

wonder when they'l offer this an an option to save on printing/mailing costs? I'll sign up when they do.

RiverAux

JC004

I think cuz you download the PDF.  This is third party so there may not be a lot of options.  I was using a site (I think it was this company) and the downloads were images.  I don't know if that's their only option or not.

RiverAux

I just clicked on the link above and went where it took me.  I WANT to download a PDF, but although the navigation bar says that there should be a button for that, it wasn't showing up.

JC004

When I load it, the Download button comes up, then it disappears later.  Regardless, it still doesn't let you download a pdf if you click it.  I think you have to get it from the NHQ site.  There is a policy in public affairs against unifying things like branding so that policy may also apply to download links.   >:D  That or they haven't fully learned how to do it yet and they'll add it later.  I often miss features when I'm learning a new system.  Now that I look at the interface more I think that this is not the company that made you download images instead of PDFs.

Ohhh.  I just noticed that the official magazine title remains VOLUNTEER instead of VALUNTEER.  GREAT SIGN!

CAP Producer

I am looking into the downloading problem.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

JeffDG

Finally I'll be able to see it...been a member since April, haven't seen one of these in my mailbox yet.

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Lancer on November 13, 2010, 02:20:21 AM
I just about fell out of my chair when I had seen this.

The NEW October-December 2010 Volunteer Magazine e-Edition - Powered by http://www.imirus.com
http://cap.imirus.com/Mpowered/imirus.jsp?volume=cap10&issue=1&page=1

All I've got to say is  about time! & :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
So what's the big deal in this?  More navigation buttons to learn & press.  The information doesn't change as is in a PDF file.

Wonder if CAP paid money to a contractor to do this?  Frankly most printed media is disappearing,  the on line site "CAP Volunteer Now" is a great way to get the news out on a timely basis.   

Do we really need a quarterly magazine anymore ???
RM

RiverAux

It is MUCH easier to use this electronic format than a PDF.  For historical purposes I wanted to download a PDF, but for actual reading this is a huge improvement.   Bravo!

HGjunkie

'Bout time they got an online edition, I haven't gotten one of the magazines since I joined last April.  :-X
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

CAP Producer

Dear CAP Talk Community,

Please take a moment share with us your thoughts on the new digital edition of the Volunteer Magazine either here or via PM.

All comments will be shared with the magazine's Editorial Board.

Thanks.

Al.
AL PABON, Major, CAP

JeffDG

Quote from: CAP Producer on November 14, 2010, 11:55:02 PM
Dear CAP Talk Community,

Please take a moment share with us your thoughts on the new digital edition of the Volunteer Magazine either here or via PM.

Thanks.

Al.

I'd be happy to compare it to the print edition, but as I said, I've never received one, despite eServices showing me on the mailing list with the correct address since I became a member.

PHall

Quote from: JeffDG on November 15, 2010, 12:22:19 AM
Dear CAP Talk Community,

Thanks.

Al.

I'd be happy to compare it to the print edition, but as I said, I've never received one, despite eServices showing me on the mailing list with the correct address since I became a member.

Go to e-services, click the "CAP Magazine Administration" tab on the left side of the page.
You can start and stop your magazine subscription here.

JeffDG

Quote from: PHall on November 15, 2010, 12:43:49 AM
Quote from: JeffDG on November 15, 2010, 12:22:19 AM
Dear CAP Talk Community,

Thanks.

Al.

Go to e-services, click the "CAP Magazine Administration" tab on the left side of the page.
You can start and stop your magazine subscription here.

Been enabled there for at least the last 6 months.

Flying Pig

So this means our dues will go down right?

bosshawk

Paul M. Reed
Col, USA(ret)
Former CAP Lt Col
Wilson #2777

jimmydeanno

Quote from: Flying Pig on November 15, 2010, 04:19:56 AM
So this means our dues will go down right?

I don't think the national dues have changed since I joined 15 years ago.  It's those wings you need to look out for...
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

Gung Ho

Been a member for over a year now and only received one issue in that whole time. Sad

Should have added that yes my address on eservices is correct and they should be sending it so who knows whats going on