Moving on up and need some suggestions.

Started by James Shaw, October 26, 2010, 01:50:55 PM

James Shaw

Allright folks I have a dilemma. I want some CAP Talk input. I should be moving out of my "cubicle" and into an actual office within the next couple of weeks. I don't really have anywhere for CAP related stuff in my cubicle but will have room in the office. I will have some wall space reserved for professional licenses and degree info. I will also have some shelves.

I already have a few small items from the Navy and National Guard.

I don't want to be "over the top" but was wanting input on CAP type stuff for the office. Here are some of my ideas. These are not in any particular order of importance.

1)   Small shadow box with full size SMV inside on shelf.
2)   CAP Mini medals in small shadow box on shelf.
3)   Repro print of Eyes of Home Skies at 11 x 14 size.
4)   CAP coffee mug.
5)   Random picture from CAP activity.

I would appreciate suggestions, comments, and the like.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

jimmydeanno

If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

FW

Jim, whatever feels comfortable to you is appropriate.  However, maybe some item of historical significance would be a nice touch to your menagarie.

BillB

In number 5, I'd suggest photos of historical interest. Not Cadet Jones getting an O-ride.
Gil Robb Wilson # 19
Gil Robb Wilson # 104

RiverAux

Are we talking about a CAP office (at Wing HQ) or your actual place of employment? 

I personally wouldn't consider putting CAP certificates, etc. up at my real office but might consider a good photo of me doing something CAP related. 

James Shaw

Quote from: RiverAux on October 26, 2010, 06:53:59 PM
Are we talking about a CAP office (at Wing HQ) or your actual place of employment? 

I personally wouldn't consider putting CAP certificates, etc. up at my real office but might consider a good photo of me doing something CAP related.

Actual place of employment. I am not going to put CAP certificate on the wall. I appreciate that point. I will more than likely put a small picrure or something just tasteful.

I appreciate all of the comments and suggestions.
Jim Shaw
USN: 1987-1992
GANG: 1996-1998
CAP:2000 - SER-SO
USCGA:2019 - BC-TDI/National Safety Team
SGAUS: 2017 - MEMS Academy State Director (Iowa)

SarDragon

Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

Pylon

A diploma-quality Air University frame with a diploma from something like SOS, ACSC or AWC would probably look nice.
Michael F. Kieloch, Maj, CAP