Going On AFB to use 1/4 mile track

Started by Smoothice, October 07, 2010, 07:03:01 PM

Smoothice

Hello,

Do you think, if I asked the gate guards nicely and presented my CAP ID, that they would allow me to get on base to use the really nice 1/4 mile running track??

Or, do I say I am going to the uniform shop and go to the track anyway...

thanks!

lordmonar

No and No.

Your base access is for you to use the MCSS or to do CAP buisness.....and nothing else.

Don't screw it up for the rest of us.
PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Smoothice

Good point....Ill try the local HS first...

:clap:

IceNine

Highschool, YMCA, most local parks.

IF you meet on the base and your unit has a good working relationship.  The proper way to handle this would be to ask permission from what will ultimately be the base commander to use their facilities.

It could be an eventful day for you if you just start wandering around the base doing as you please. 
"All of the true things that I am about to tell you are shameless lies"

Book of Bokonon
Chapter 4

Eclipse

I am going to assume that there is no CAP or CAP-USAF presence there.

As Lord says, our "cold-call" access to a military facility is to access the MCSS, nothing else.  Any other resources needed would have to be
coordinated with the State Director.  He may will be able to grease the wheels for you, but without his help you risk "bad things" happening for everyone.

"That Others May Zoom"

RADIOMAN015

Quote from: Smoothice on October 07, 2010, 07:03:01 PM
Hello,

Do you think, if I asked the gate guards nicely and presented my CAP ID, that they would allow me to get on base to use the really nice 1/4 mile running track??

Or, do I say I am going to the uniform shop and go to the track anyway...

thanks!
Always be truthful with base security regarding your reason(s) to enter the base.    It's very easy for most bases to track you via the use of security video surveillance cameras throughout the base.  IF you lie you could be in big trouble and might even find yourself removed from CAP membership.

Since we've been a tenant on our military support base for 50+ years (longest serving volunteer unit on the base), our members are allowed to use the gym facilities as well as the tracks, softball fields, bowling alley, etc.  It's likely with appropriate official coordination, you as a CAP member would be allowed to utilize certain on base MWR facilities. 

I think our overall unit concern is that someone in CAP, not associated with our unit, might do something wrong that would reflect very negatively on CAP's relationship with the base -- BUT so far that hasn't happend.
RM