Texas Wing webiste for certificates

Started by PWK-GT, October 02, 2010, 07:02:24 PM

PWK-GT

I seem to recall we had a CT member involved with this website:

http://www.texascadet.org/resources/miscresources/certificates/index.html

If so, can anyone shed any light on why the link no longer works? I used it from time to time, and found it added something for certain occasions.....

Thanks!
"Is it Friday yet"

AlphaSigOU

I was the one who designed the certificates back when I was in Texas Wing. I'm now with Nevada Wing, but my job keeps me about 5000 miles from the action here in Kwajalein Atoll, Marshall Islands.

It's possible that the site is being redone or moved to another server. I still have copies of the certificate templates; if anyone needs a specific one, send me a PM with your email address. Unfortunately, for a world-class military R&D site, the island still has only dialup for the public internet. (We've been promised DSL by early next year but I'll believe it when I see it.)
Lt Col Charles E. (Chuck) Corway, CAP
Gill Robb Wilson Award (#2901 - 2011)
Amelia Earhart Award (#1257 - 1982) - C/Major (retired)
Billy Mitchell Award (#2375 - 1981)
Administrative/Personnel/Professional Development Officer
Nellis Composite Squadron (PCR-NV-069)
KJ6GHO - NAR 45040

SarDragon

The site is still up. The Misc Resources page seems to have disappeared.
Dave Bowles
Maj, CAP
AT1, USN Retired
50 Year Member
Mitchell Award (unnumbered)
C/WO, CAP, Ret

PWK-GT

PM on the way...and thanks! As mentioned, the main site is active, just the link I posted is dead.
"Is it Friday yet"

a2capt

I PM'ed earlier, too- forgot to mention it. I'm willing to host documents/etc, as a resource library, too. Going to add stuff to a new unit site rollout. 

addo1

All concerned,

As of the middle of last week, we have been making some changes. In an effort to make the site more user friendly and update-able, we have changed the server and made many changes. Currently, the site has the MAJOR information such as encampments, leadership schools, etc on the website, but the rest of the material is being brought over slowly. If anyone is in need of something from the website that is not available, just let me know and I can see if we still have it in our files. Thanks.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010

JC004

Did the site die and get reborn or something?

Maybe you could do something temporary if you have the files.  For instance, maybe upload them to Google Docs or some such place so that people could download them while you work on it. 

That's what I did for my organization's intranet while it's being transitioned.  It's being totally torn up and redone with a fresh database and everything, but I wanted people to be able to access files so I put the non-confidential files into Google Apps.  You could perhaps do the same, but make them public instead of just within your domain like I've done.

addo1

I would, but to be honest, the majority of the files on there are files that are out of date completley. For the ones that people commonly used, those included things like the reviews and things of that nature. Those are being redone currently. I could host documents on Google Documents, but there is so little that is actually needed, there would not a be a big point as it should not be that long until we get the documents up anyways.
Addison Jaynes, SFO, CAP
Coordinator, Texas Wing International Air Cadet Exchange

National Cadet Advisory Council 2010