cadet oath wrong online

Started by coudano, August 20, 2010, 07:10:29 PM

coudano

so i just did a quick internet search for civil air patrol cadet oath
and shockingly like the first several results are not verbatim...

most commonly they say "i pledge to serve faithfully"

astonishing.

HGjunkie

That's close, but this is what it should say:

I pledge that I will serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program, that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

ßτε

Just a little nitpick:

I pledge that I will serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program, and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation.

jimmydeanno

Quote from: HGjunkie on August 20, 2010, 07:17:04 PM
That's close, but this is what it should say:

I pledge that I will serve faithfully in the Civil Air Patrol Cadet Program, and that I will attend meetings regularly, participate actively in unit activities, obey my officers, wear my uniform properly, and advance my education and training rapidly to prepare myself to be of service to my community, state, and nation.

Same as noted above. 
If you have ten thousand regulations you destroy all respect for the law. - Winston Churchill

vorter

Yeah it pissed me off when people get it wrong, in fact it would just be easier if NHQ changes it to "pledge to" since soooooooo many people get it wrong
C/2nd Lt Hyeung

Patterson

^ Then why bother having one to begin with, if we are going to change it whenever a group of people can't memorize it correctly?? 

Cool Mace

Quote from: Patterson on August 22, 2010, 10:11:01 PM
^ Then why bother having one to begin with, if we are going to change it whenever a group of people can't memorize it correctly??

:clap: :clap: :clap: I must agree!
CAP is what you make of it. If you don't put anything in to it, you won't get anything out of it.
Eaker #2250
C/Lt Col, Ret.
The cookies and donuts were a lie.

vorter

Sent a question to the CAP KB.
Replied and said they fixed it to be "I pledge that I will serve faithfully"

Here is the update:
http://capnhq.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/capnhq.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=613
C/2nd Lt Hyeung