Main Menu

Mission Roster in WMU

Started by Spaceman3750, August 03, 2010, 06:14:36 PM

Spaceman3750

Yes, I know we don't use the WMU any more. That doesn't make the records there any less valuable...

I need the participation roster for a mission that happened in 2007. I know that the WMU has me there because it shows as my last GTM3 mission (incorrect, but it's the last one it knows about). The mission isn't in WMIRS. I know this used to be possible but can't figure out how to do it now if it's possible at all.

Short Field

Go to http://wmu.nat.cap.gov/
Click on "Web WMU"
Click "Member" and log in.
Click "CAPF-114"
Missions are listed after your ES Specialties and before Training Tasks.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Eclipse

^ Assuming they were entered in the first place, which is not consistent across wings.

"That Others May Zoom"

Spaceman3750

That's exactly what I needed, thank you.

Eclipse, does ILWG still enter participation into the WMU or is that all tracked out of WMIRS now?

Eclipse

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 04, 2010, 01:28:08 PM
That's exactly what I needed, thank you.

Eclipse, does ILWG still enter participation into the WMU or is that all tracked out of WMIRS now?

PM sent.

"That Others May Zoom"

jayleswo

Quote from: Spaceman3750 on August 04, 2010, 01:28:08 PM

I'm not Eclipse or in ILWG but maybe I can clarify a few things...

The only missions that will show up in WMU under the CAPF 114 link will be those which were managed using the IMU system. The IMU uses the WMU database and there is a facility to archive the mission data back to the WMU server. That's why mission participation for individuals will show up. Only some missions are managed using IMU however so mission participation will not be complete. There is no longer a way for Commander's to manually update/enter mission participation directly into WMU as there was in the past.

WMIRS primarily records *sorties* and thus would not have any data on mission participation by base staff personnel.

If you need the mission roster for a previous mission, assuming it was managed with the IMU and was archived in the WMU server, you could download and install IMU then download your wing database and selected missions and access the roster that way. You will need to be a Mission Staff Assistant, at minimum, to do this.

Hope this helps. -- John
John Aylesworth, Lt Col CAP

SAR/DR MP, Mission Check Pilot Examiner, Master Observer
Earhart #1139 FEB 1982