Multiple NESA Sessions=Multiple NCSA Ribbon Credit?

Started by SKI304, August 02, 2010, 03:14:28 PM

HGjunkie

Quote from: Cms.sloane on August 04, 2010, 04:49:46 PM
Well I emailed NHQ about that issue and they responded with the answer that's it is one ribbon and one bronze clasp. Becuase it is more than one activity of you break up the two weeks. You could either go one week or the other week. Puting the two weeks together would just equal two different activities.
Bravo! You sir, have guts.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

Cms.sloane

Well thank you very much, but I'm not a sir. I'm a NCO, I work for a living. >:D

davidsinn

Quote from: Cms.sloane on August 04, 2010, 05:55:36 PM
Well thank you very much, but I'm not a sir. I'm a NCO, I work for a living. >:D

Ya know my grandfather was a Chief Petty Officer so I've heard that a lot. But you think we officers just sit on our butts and do nothing?
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on August 04, 2010, 06:06:06 PM

Ya know my grandfather was a Chief Petty Officer so I've heard that a lot. But you think we officers just sit on our butts and do nothing?

But if he can't use it, what happens to the HardKewl NCO affect?

davidsinn

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 04, 2010, 06:07:07 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on August 04, 2010, 06:06:06 PM

In this program they need to grow up and become ossifers. >:D
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Майор Хаткевич

Quote from: davidsinn on August 04, 2010, 06:10:13 PM

Need to, but many don't. I've seen many 4 year career TSgts. Of course, they also were too hardkewl for the cadet program, after all, they were CAP Rangers!

FlyTiger77

This may be unique in the annals of CAPTalk--a uniform thread mutating to a PD discussion.

JACK E. MULLINAX II, Lt Col, CAP

Майор Хаткевич

On the cadet side though, they are closely related. In my 5 active years as a cadet, reaching C/Capt, I've had a total of 15 ribbons. My most shameful one, was the AFA, which, ever since getting I've felt bad because I got sucked into the "get more more MORE!" mindset for a while. After getting the AFA ribbon, I just stopped caring all that much. With a rollover to SM, I'll be retaining only 5 of the ribbons, gaining two SM ribbons due to Mitchell and Earhart benefits.

davidsinn

Quote from: USAFaux2004 on August 04, 2010, 06:12:16 PM
Quote from: davidsinn on August 04, 2010, 06:10:13 PM

Need to, but many don't. I've seen many 4 year career TSgts. Of course, they also were too hardkewl for the cadet program, after all, they were CAP Rangers!

Sad. I would have only let them stay in for two years before tossing them out on their ear.
Former CAP Captain
David Sinn

Cms.sloane

The NCO phase " I work for a living" is a tradition like any other tradition in the armed forces. Of course officers work hard as hell for us cadets. You have my full respect for that. Its just as a staff sergent in cap, a senior chief in navy jrotc, and my dad is a active duty Master Chief in the navy if just grown up on the Hard Balled attuide of the NCO " I work for a living".

But when you think about it NCOs have a point. In most branches off all military the officers gives the order to his troops. The NCO has the job of careing out the order. The deal with he enlisted folks (which over populate the officers) more than officers. Givng them the thought base od they work harder.

P.S. This is posted with all due respect to CAP officers and all Oficcers of any service or branch off th military.

Short Field

Quote from: Cms.sloane on August 04, 2010, 08:37:58 PM
The NCO phase " I work for a living" is a tradition like any other tradition in the armed forces.
Yes it is.  But CAP is not the armed forces and C/CMSgt is only half way through the Cadet Program - not the top rank in an enlisted career in the military.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640

Fly Boy

Major Topic shift there. Can we ever keep on track?  >:D
Question answered by Cadet NCO Cms.sloane at post 19
Topic shift at post 22  :o

C/1st Lt. Kaufman
SER-FL-169

HGjunkie

Quote from: Short Field on August 04, 2010, 08:48:49 PM
The NCO phase " I work for a living" is a tradition like any other tradition in the armed forces.
Yes it is.  But CAP is not the armed forces and C/CMSgt is only half way through the Cadet Program - not the top rank in an enlisted career in the military.
That's not even halfway through.
••• retired
2d Lt USAF

lordmonar

:( Not a very good one.  As a 22 year veteran SNCO....I hated this saying and always brought my peers to task when they used it.

It teaches the youngsters to disrepect officers.

PATRICK M. HARRIS, SMSgt, CAP

Short Field

And if it was really true, then just tell a CMSgt to get a broom and sweep up the entry way.  See how long he works before he becomes a manager and delegates it to a subordinate.
SAR/DR MP, ARCHOP, AOBD, GTM1, GBD, LSC, FASC, LO, PIO, MSO(T), & IC2
Wilson #2640