National Staff Arch

Started by cap1248, July 13, 2010, 03:14:59 AM

cap1248

Greetings:

Is there a regulation or a guideline for the wear of the "National Staff Arch"? (Different from "National Arch")

See here at vanguardmil.com:
http://www.vanguardmil.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=6_390_402_403&products_id=7124

For example, can any National staff member wear this or must you be in an NHQ-NHQ unit?

Thanks for the help.

FW

That's an interesting question. 
As I understand things, to wear the "National Staff" rocker, you need to be on National staff.  I don't think it matters what unit you belong to. There used to be a guide for its use but, things have changed so much in the last couple of years, I don't know what is considered "National Staff"; as there are so many layers.    This rocker is not intended for National Corporate Officers like the CC, CV, etc..
To wear the "National" rocker, you need to be in a NHQ unit (but not in an overseas unit).  Maybe someone has some current information

However, I haven't seen anyone wear one of either in years.

Chappie

I have seen the rocker worn on the BDUs by NHQ staff who attended a couple of events where the BDU was the UOD.  It is a rare sight though.
Disclaimer:  Not to be confused with the other user that goes by "Chappy"   :)

DBlair

I've been curious about the difference between the "National" and "National Staff" rockers as well. That being said, I thought I read somewhere that wear of Region and National rockers had been discontinued.
DANIEL BLAIR, Lt Col, CAP
C/Lt Col (Ret) (1990s Era)
Wing Staff / Legislative Squadron Commander

Eclipse

Quote from: DBlair on July 19, 2010, 10:02:41 PM
I've been curious about the difference between the "National" and "National Staff" rockers as well. That being said, I thought I read somewhere that wear of Region and National rockers had been discontinued.

Those are the functional equivalent of the wing patch for members assigned to NHQ-001 and / or National Staff.  The only place you
would potentially still wear them would be (optionally) on flight suits and BDU's - a recent photo of Maj. Gen. Courter at HMRS showed here wearing one.

"That Others May Zoom"